Relationship Manager – Western Europe, Copenhagen - Denmark
Become a member of a wholly owned Irish worldwide financial services company based in the West of Ireland. Fintrax’s principal services are Tourist Tax Refunds and Multi Currency Credit Card Processing. Group Headquarters located in Co. Galway has a vacancy for the following:
The Fintrax Group is a Financial Services Company that specialises in tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 1000 people worldwide, Fintrax provides international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies.
Fintrax works with some of the most desirable luxury and retail brands in over 45 countries. The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, experiencing growth in revenues of over 20% and growth in profitability of over 30% annually since July 2011. This growth is set to continue with ambitious plans to double the business in 3 years and treble it in 5 years. These growth plans are based on a strong business model underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption.
Fintrax Group IT Department requires a Business Analyst to support the growing delivery of IT Development Projects across the Premier Tax Free and DCC businesses. The role will work closely with the Group’s Business teams and the IT delivery team.
Primary responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Maximize the revenue from the banks merchant portfolio by monitoring and reporting on opt-in rates and taking part in strategies to maximize and expand revenues. The role will entail a mixture of office and non-office-based work, including visits to clients and may involve meetings with clients within Western Europe and therefore a full clean driving license will be essential.
The position will be involved with the following:
Manage and execute PYC roll out in various locations
• Develop and maintain good relationships with our partner banks and key merchants
• Grow portfolio sales volume and revenue
• Improve portfolio opt-in performance by completing the following:
• Monitor the daily/weekly/monthly figures
• Analyse data and produce action plan with corrective strategies based on prioritization
• Regular and ongoing bank review meetings
• Form and take part in merchant performance & corrective strategies
• Analyse sales trends
• Provide reports to banks and key merchants
• Provide training for bank sales teams and key merchants
• Escalate and manage to resolution operational issues that are reported or identified through monitoring figures or bank /merchant discussions to internal functional units and follow up to ensure any issues are investigated, resolved and steps are taken to prevent re-occurrence.
• Participate in competitor analysis
• Provide monthly highlights to line manage
• Other duties as assigned
Required Experience & Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Some travel may be required from time to time.
The ideal candidate will need:
3-5 years’ experience in a Card Acquiring, Point of Sale terminal management and servicing environment, or a hospitality or large retail finance department with involvement in the card processing function
• Some project and product management experience
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, including English/Danish language capabilities
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; be confident in their ability to escalate issues and create viable resolution plans which maximize opportunities for Planet and its rapidly growing client base
• Excellent presentation skills and a proven track record in outstanding client relationship management
• Job description is subject to change & other duties may be assigned when the Company deems appropriate.