Market Intelligence Analyst
This is a Group role in the Market Intelligence function within the Marketing department that provides support to both internal and external stakeholders, provisioning insights on the dynamics that currently affect the Tourism, Tax Free and payments industries, as well as the factors that will influence in the future. The role will work with the Head of Market Intelligence to lead the transformation of our research capabilities, ranging from insights on Retailers, Tourists, Destination markets, financial institutions and other members of the digital payments ecosystem. This is a new role within the team and will have significant scope to shape the future capabilities of the Market Intelligence team.
The Fintrax Group is a digital payment processing company that delivers a new worldwide shopping experience on behalf of our customers. We specialise in international tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 1000 people worldwide, Fintrax provides international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies.
Fintrax works with some of the most desirable luxury and retail brands in over 55 countries. The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, experiencing growth in revenues of over 20% and growth in profitability of over 30% annually since July 2011. This growth is set to continue with ambitious plans to double the business in three years and treble it in five years. These growth plans are based on a strong business model underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel, and increasing luxury consumption. We employ over 1,000 employees and serve over 300,000 Merchants and 100 partner banks in 55 markets on the planet.
Key Result Areas
- Publications – the role will require the candidate to be responsible for the monthly publication of trends and insights to partners, based on both internal and external data points, with insights to position Fintrax to be viewed as a Thought Leader in the tourism, shopping and payments services space. A wider understanding and appreciation of global macro-economic trends and future developments will also be a requirement.
- PR Programs – the role will require the candidate to work the communications team to provide data and broader market trends in order to facilitate PR initiatives.
- Collateral – the candidate will ensure that the sales team are equipped with tools and collateral that supports business objectives, working closely with Product Marketing and the Design Managers.
- Internal & External Communication – The role will working closely with the sales team to provision insights either internally or externally to Fintrax partners, and the candidate must therefore be comfortable in presenting to different audiences through various mediums, which may include presenting at events or via webinars.
Knowledge & Experience
- Graduate with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Experience of analysing country/product performance and identifying trends, risks and opportunities
- Good communicator who can take complex data and crafts simple communications across every medium, i.e. both written and verbal
- Experience in writing commentary on detailed performance and linking to macro environment trends
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders often with competing priorities, working with them to align and gain approval for the product / solution roadmap
- Driven by delivering results, this role is passionate about supporting the business to grow sales
- Confident to lead presentations with multiple audiences
- Highly analytical, commercially strong and with a logical approach
- Excellent organisational, planning, time management and budgetary skills
- Strong numeracy & literary skills
- Strong Excel skills, experience in data cubes, SQL and MS Access would be an advantage
- Driven by results
- Navigating complex organizations
- Building powerful, cross-functional teams
- Problem-solving; able to bring the outside into the organization
- Ability to lead effective change
- Must be logical, self-motivated, proactive, strong analytical skill with a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Excellent time management skills, demonstrating high levels of accuracy, thoroughness, and reliability whilst coping under pressure