Customer Service Representative with German
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world’s leading Tax Free Shopping (‘TFS’), Dynamic Currency Conversion (‘DCC’), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
The primary function of this Warsaw office based Customer Service position is to deliver a professional and comprehensive tourist and non-technical merchant support service in German and English to our shoppers and merchant partners for our German and English market, as well as receiving calls for the German and English reception line. In addition, all other markets handled in our centralized Customer Service hub, will be supported for both written queries and phone calls.
KEY RESULT AREA (KRAs)
- Query Resolution: Strive for first contact resolution when dealing with all shoppers, merchants and other callers on a day to day basis. Resolving queries to a level of resolution acceptable by the agreed service levels, as provided by the Group Customer Services Manager. Support both the centralised Customer Service hub as well as the German and English operation as guided by the Group Customer Services Manager.
Administration: Provide related reporting on an on-going and ad hoc basis, if required. Take ownership of tourist & merchant issues queries and bring them to a resolution. Provide cover to other Customer Service staff for planned and unplanned absences. Providing general administrative support. Any other such duties that may be required of you.
- Accountability: Be fully familiar and understand authority level and ultimate accountability of this role. Liaise regularly with Customer Service Manager, centralised Customer Service Supervisor and other relevant local stakeholders to ensure full compliance as the levels are dynamic as the business grows. To meet business needs, this role might also include other administrative tasks.
Processes: Cooperate with other departments/Planet Group companies to ensure the processes are aligned
Performance Management: Participate in the Company’s Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems and Company Values at all times.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Perfect in spoken and written German and English and English is mandatory. Fluent in Polish and preferably a working/spoken knowledge of other languages.
- Third level qualification or experience within the financial services sector is advantageous but not essential
- Previous Customer Services experience
- Strong numeric skills
- Strong Organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be available to work within a 7 day operation