Devops engineer - Provisioning
We are looking fro a Devops Engineer to be based at our office in Galway Ireland, this will be a 3 month contractor role
The Devops Engineer will work with the Tax Free product team. They will have the responsibility for technology innovation, architectural improvement and design solutions across the Tax Free product portfolio to provide high availability, high service levels and system stability.
They will also be a platform integration expert and consult with other IT functions and the business to provide recommended solutions and configurations during integrations with new clients.
Liase and consult with the Service support teams to assist devops formulation and improvement to further enable Level 1 and Level 2 support activities. Identify and enable the transfer of any such activities to the Service support function.
This role is undertaken by delivering a consistently high level of service in line with Fintrax policies and procedures and in keeping with the Company’s mission, vision and 5 year strategy.
KEY RESULT AREA (KRA’S)
- Have a deep understanding of systems architecture, networking and best practices to offer high availabity to each component of a product.
- Improve multi-site fail over between multiple datacenters and lead the business continuity plan for the Payments product portfolio.
- Improve automation within Payments products & services.
- Be a platform expert to be able to consult with the business on any aspect of design or configuration.
- Be an escalation point for incidents and offer expertise to resolve them quickly.
- Liase with Service support function providing consultatiuon and on incident analysis.
- Work to investigate and implement new technologies such as Azure cloud and automation software.
- Support and assist the development of automated deployment processes
- Mentoring, knowledge transfer & task assignment for Junior Product Platform Engineer
- Work to ensure that payments products are secure and are compliant with PCI as reviewed by the security team.
- Consult architecture team and follow Fintrax best practices and guidelines at all times.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in IT technical discipline
- 2 - 3 years’ experience working in an analytical/technical IT environment.
- Software development or scripting background skills. Whilst not a core software development role, development/scripting skills will be very beneficial.
- Must have strong technical experience in Windows OS and MS Office applications
- Must have strong technical & analytical database skills (knowledge of SQL server preferred)
- Experience with end to end task management working to deadlines
Preferred skills/experience, but not essential
- Experience working as an Engineer in an IT company
- Experience working with distributed IT systems.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Orchestrator.
- Experience using Azure or other cloud platforms.
- Experience using containers and or Docker.
- Experience of working in a Card Payments business domain would be desirable.
Skills & Key Competencies
- Must be a quick learner and pick up new IT skills at ease.
- Must be a quick learner and have a proven track record of identifying and solving problems.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a fast growing international company.
- Must be able to operate in a dynamic environment with defined deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and able to prioritise work appropriately.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure.
- Must be available to travel occasionally.
- Provide out of hours support as required by IT Payments department.