.Net Developer - POL
We are looking for a .Net Developer for a 6 months at our office in Galway Ireland. This will be a day rate contractor
Our software team is looking a smart, creative, energetic developer who loves to create business solutions as part of a team of like-minded professionals. Our environment is nimble and fast paced, and your duties will vary. You will have the opportunity to expand and improve your skill set in many advanced areas of knowledge. We create exciting applications across multiple platforms supporting a high performance real-time transaction system.
You will be working on enhancing an existing online merchant system within our Tax Free platform.
The Fintrax Group is a Financial Services Company that specialises in tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 1000 people worldwide, Fintrax provides international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies.
Fintrax works with some of the most desirable luxury and retail brands in over 30 countries. The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, experiencing growth in revenues of over 20% and growth in profitability of over 30% annually since July 2011. This growth is set to continue with ambitious plans to double the business in 3 years and treble it in 5 years. These growth plans are based on a strong business model underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Implement enhancements to an existing ASPX based product
- Ideally, you’ll have several years of full-stack development – front end, middleware, back end, embedded and database.
- You will be experienced in working on a team of experienced developers who create applications and solutions for both our external and internal customers.
- Work with the internal teams in delivering the solution to the market
- Ensure quality deliverable as well as reducing technical debt with the product
- Mentor existing developers on-site and at other locations
- Engaged in the code review process and overall quality processes in Fintrax.
- 2 years+ of experience in a similar position
- Knowledgeable in .Net Frameworks 2.0 and 4.5/4.6, Entity framework, WCF experience
- Good SQL knowledge with experience of writing T-SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Good knowledge of web services and API interaction
- Strong understanding of Object Orientated Analysis and Design Principals
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS and possible Angular
- Knowledge of SSRS and reporting mechanisms.
- Experience with Source Control Tools, Automated build, TFS, Git, Jira
- Ability to create strong, robust Unit tests.
- Writing technical documentation.
- Agile development experience
- Security awareness and detailed knowledge of OWASP, CORS
- A motivated self-starter who follows best practices
- Great attention to detail
- Innovative problem solving skills
- Ability to pick up and learn new skills and technologies quickly
- Eagerness to explore and apply new technologies
- Actively participate in design reviews and discussions.
- Must be able to efficiently work and communicate in English verbally and in writing
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a fast growing international company
- Great analytical and coding skills
- A track record of getting stuff done
- Smart, creative & energetic
- Our development environment has a laid-back feeling, with a relaxed dress code