Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst - Replacement
Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst - French Speaker
The BI analyst will be responsible for providing a high standard of business performance analytics, identify trends, risks, opportunities and insight, primarily to customers, but also to the management team.
The successful applicant will be comfortable in analyzing large amounts of internal transnational data to identify the most critical trends, and combining this with external market data and influencing factors.
The analyst will be required to build strong relationships with the country manager, sales teams, finance team as well as customers, while developing a solid understanding of the business dynamics across the different countries.
This is a truly analytical role with the opportunity of having a significant impact on the business and therefore requires someone with exceptional analytical skills and a high level of intellectual curiosity.
The Fintrax Group is a Financial Services Company that specialises in tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 1000 people worldwide, Fintrax provides international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies.
Fintrax works with some of the most desirable luxury and retail brands in over 55 countries. The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, experiencing growth in revenues of over 20% and growth in profitability of over 30% annually since July 2011. This growth is set to continue with ambitious plans to double the business in 3 years and treble it in 5 years. These growth plans are based on a strong business model underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Providing monthly analysis and insights for the Group’s largest customers
- Tracking of customer performance as well as external market factors,with a view to continually providing new insights and analytics
- Optimising the usage of the newly created data warehouse, helping to identify business reporting needs as well as supporting the implementation of new reporting capabilities
- Ad hoc analysis into key trends, assessing the drivers of these trends, the sustainability of them and advising on any decisions which should be taken to take advantage or defend against them
- Input into the monthly publication for retailers, highlighting new trends and providing actionable insights, with commentary on macro dynamics.
- Research and utilising external data sources to supplement reporting and provide additional context to insights including tourism trends, fx impact, industry trends and macro-economic dynamics
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate (Bac + 5) with 3 to 4 years experience
- Experience of analysing country / division / product performance and identifying trends, risks and opportunities and seeing where best practices can be shared
- Experience of dealing with senior management and customers/partners
- Experience in working within a business that handles a high number of transactions
- Experience in writing commentary on detailed performance and linking to macro environment trends
- Fluent in English
- Strong numeracy & literary skills
- French speaker essential
- Advanced Excel & some SQL skills, experience in data cubes, Visual Studio, Excel and MS Access
- Experience in SSRS and Tableau an advantage + if possible Java, Scala, IntelliJ IDEA, R, RStudio, Power Pivot, Jupyter Notebooks