We look for an Assistant Accountant in a temporary basis (maternity cover for 6 months)
It is a full time role (9:00 to 14:00, 15:30 to 18:30)
Location: headquarters in Madrid
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world’s leading Tax Free Shopping (‘TFS’), Dynamic Currency Conversion (‘DCC’), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
- General Accounting including preparation of Balance sheets, Accounts Payable and General Ledger entries.
- Assist the Finance Manager on various projects related to accounts.
- Profitability analysis
- Daily interaction with different internal departments (Marketing, Support, Sales, and our colleagues abroad)
Knowledge & Experience
- 3 years working experience in a comparable position.
- Ability to work in team roles and to create and maintain excellent relationships with them
- A good team player, who is eager to learn and to work autonomously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience in accounts systems and ERP.
- Flexible, high performance
- Fluency in written and spoken English, any other language is a plus
- Competitive annual base plus food and transportation allowance.