Business Intelligence SQL Reporting Analyst
Job Title: Business Intelligence SQL Reporting Analyst
Reporting To: Head of Business and Market Intelligence
Base: Redhill, Surrey or other Fintrax European Location
This is a Group role in the Business and Market Intelligence function within the Marketing department that provides support to both internal and external stakeholders, provisioning insights on the dynamics that currently affect the Tourism, Tax Free and payments industries, as well as the factors that will influence in the future. The role will work with the Head of Business and Market Intelligence, and the person in this position will have a strong understanding and practical application of SQL and SSRS skills and the ability to apply those skills to customer-specific data analysis. This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining automated reporting services. The responsibilities will be to provide high quality reporting to Fintrax customers, and for internal consumption.
The Fintrax Group is a digital payment processing company that delivers a new worldwide shopping experience on behalf of our customers. We specialise in international tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 1000 people worldwide, Fintrax provides international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies.
Fintrax works with some of the most desirable luxury and retail brands in over 55 countries. The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, experiencing growth in revenues of over 20% and growth in profitability of over 30% annually since July 2011. This growth is set to continue with ambitious plans to double the business in three years and treble it in five years. These growth plans are based on a strong business model underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel, and increasing luxury consumption. We employ over 1,000 employees and serve over 300,000 Merchants and 100 partner banks in 55 markets on the planet.
Key Result Areas
· Analytic capabilities – the candidate must be highly analytical and comfortable with dealing with large quantities of data and detail oriented, in order to convert findings and interpret data into clear and understandable tables, graphs, and reports, whilst using statistical techniques to draw out trends and outliers.
· Reporting and insights – the role will require the candidate to support the reporting and insights requirements across the spectrum of the Group’s customers, utilizing both internal and external data sources.
Reporting requirements include:
· Create stored procedures used by complex reporting solutions.
· Identify process improvement opportunities in departmental procedures and system programming that impact data integrity.
· Create and maintain automated reporting services from SQL databases and produce reports within Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) environment.
· Data mine, code, document, test and debug reporting and analysis using standard tools including but not limited to Office Suite, SQL, and SSRS.
Knowledge & Experience
· BA degree business, Computer Science or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience considered
· 3+ years relevant experience
· Proficiency in SQL programming
· Experience of reporting from DW Cubes using MDX to create datasets in SSRS.
· Strong knowledge of creating SSRS reports - complex drill downs, parameterized, matrix, and charts in SSRS
· Preference given to those with statistical expertise
· Experience in working within a business that handles a high number of transactions
· Experience with data warehouse, and experience with other business intelligence tools an advantage
· SSRS- SQL server reporting services
· SQL development
· Strong attention to detail
· Exceptional numerate and analytical skill
· Must be able to work well independently and in team environment
· Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
· Must possess excellent troubleshooting, logical, and creative problem solving skills
· Driven by results
· Problem-solving; able to bring the outside into the organization
· Must be logical, self-motivated, proactive, strong analytical skill with a high level of intellectual curiosity
· Excellent time management skills, demonstrating high levels of accuracy, thoroughness, and reliability whilst coping under pressure
· Account Managers
· Sales teams
Fintrax Group does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be consider on their merits, irrespective of experience.