Payment Technology Compliance Manager
Payments Technology Compliance Manager
The Payments Technology Compliance Manager will have a key role in ensuring that the organization’s Payment systems are compliant with the Payment Card Industry standards. The successful candidate will work directly with the IT System Owners and Business teams to implement the Payments Compliance rules. The candidate must have excellent knowledge of the acquiring business including, but not limited to, the authorization, clearing and settlement, dispute and risk management cycles. The focus of the position will be to ensure compliancy for the Payment Acquiring Business Systems with the card schemes regulations. In addition, the role will support other internal and external audit related activities, PCI reviews, and Risk Management related projects.
The candidate will utilize various systems, procedures and standards, as well as his/her skills to make sound decisions that have the correct risk mitigation outcomes for Planet payment systems.
He/she will communicate with internal and external stakeholders, card schemes and other third parties when necessary to ensure timely investigation and risk mitigating action.
The candidate must have attention to detail, data analysis skills and an interest in the e-payments sector.
- Develop, implement and maintain compliance strategy for the payment systems
- Receive, review and analyse scheme bulletins
- Develop recommendations on required scheme and audit compliance changes and where Planet payment systems may need to apply for exemptions
- Ensure that all payment systems and processes meet the requirements set by card schemes and payment industry standards
- Oversee all card schemes payment processing rules and regulations
- Provide advice and guidance to the business and IT system owners to ensure continued compliance in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Serve as a subject matter expert on all related payment compliance issues.
- Manage an open and solid relationships with the relationship managers in the card schemes.
- Ensure Card Schemes compliance rules are correctly maintained and update-to-date
- Document and track status of any open Compliance items
- Track and report all key metrics related to various compliance related matters
- Accurately completes and submits status reports in a timely manner
- Introduce a culture of compliance supported by policies and guidance
- Develop and maintain a compliance register and ensure it is reviewed regularly by the Management Teams
- Be responsible for communicating regularly card scheme compliance news
- Be responsible for card schemes and external/internal audit compliance news related to the company's payment systems
- Ensure that the payment systems are compliant with card schemes rules and auditors recommendations
- Proven track record of formulating and implementing compliance strategies and practices
- Excellent knowledge of card payment processing products and services
- Experience in managing card schemes relationships and understanding their rules and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of authorization, clearing and settlement, dispute and risk management payment cycles
- Experience of undertaking internal audits
- Strong knowledge of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards PCI DSS.
- Knowledge of GDPR, PSD and AML regulations is desirable
- Proven project management skills
- Experience of managing own workload with limited supervision and working under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong organisational skills and problem-solving abilities