Recently Qualified Accountant
This successful candidate for this role will be a key member of the Cash & Liquidity team. The Cash and Liquidity team are responsible for providing solid cash management & reporting for the Group. As well as ensuring that the group’s working capital components are efficiently managed and that a fit for purpose banking infrastructure is maintained.
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world’s leading Tax Free Shopping (‘TFS’), Dynamic Currency Conversion (‘DCC’), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Responsible for preparation of daily bank report including commentary on movements in cash position to Senior Management.
- Ensure 8 week cash forecasts are updated on weekly basis and provide an analysis from actual to forecast and identify areas of improvement.
- Ensure that all markets are adequately funded on a daily basis and ensure funding is in place for weekly Credit Card refundings.
- Assist the Cash and Liquidity Manager in improving current bank operations and pooling arrangements through effective management and governance of group bank accounts.
- Ensure proper control and segregation of duties across all banks particularly in new markets and that bank accounts are operated in line with the Group’s banking policy.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly reports for aged debt and bad debt provision monitoring.
- Actively participate in month aged debt call with markets and ensure all actions are followed up in a timely basis.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly refund liability report including commentary on movements to Senior Management
- Support the Cash and Liquidity Manager on various projects required to improve working capital and liquidity.
- Assist with month end close the books processes and procedures as required.
- Participate in the Company’s Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems and company values at all times
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Part qualified or newly qualified Accountant
- Qualification or equivalent in Accountancy or Business related discipline desirable
- User knowledge of an ERP package e.g. Sage X3 is desirable
- Proven organisational, planning and communication skills
- Good technical and analytical aptitude
- Proficient spoken and written English, other language skills are considered an advantage
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to communicate well and support key stakeholders and departments
- Ability to be flexible within a fast growing global company
- Detail oriented, organized with proven time management skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build lasting relationships
- Must display initiative and a common sense approach
Page 1 of 2