The Fintrax Group is a Financial Services Company that specialises in tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 1000 people worldwide, Fintrax provides international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies.
Fintrax works with some of the most desirable luxury and retail brands in over 45 countries. The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, experiencing growth in revenues of over 20% and growth in profitability of over 30% annually since July 2011. This growth is set to continue with ambitious plans to double the business in 3 years and treble it in 5 years. These growth plans are based on a strong business model underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption
KEY RESULT AREAS (KRA’s)
- Manage and develop the Finance function of the country.
- To develop and manage the financial accounting, reporting and control environment in Finland to allow timely and effective delivery of Group management accounting in line with IFRS and annual audited financial statements in line with local GAAP.
- Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits, ensuring all Group deadlines are met.
- Implement various internal group accounting procedures.
- Coordinate information on all changes in local regulation principles regarding accounting and taxes & monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company procedures. Assure compliance with corporate policies, regulations and laws.
- Assist FP&A team with annual budgeting process.
- Management of cash management and forecasting in co-ordination with Group Treasury
- Management of the credit control and receivable function of the country, ensuring minimal bad debt and DSO
- Ensure all local statutory filing requirements are adhered to and managed on time
- Ensure that local taxation requirements (employer’s taxes, employee’s taxes, Corporation taxes, VAT returns etc.) are managed and filed in accordance with local statutory policy
- Assist the wider Group Finance team with ad-hoc projects and ensure the deadlines for completion are adhered to
- Ensure country compliance with the Group’s Authority Matrix.
- Finance professional with a strong corporate background who wishes to take on his/her first field role or one that wishes to upgrade to a larger entity
- Must be qualified (ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIMA) with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in a fast paced and growing organization/s
- Strong interpersonal skills
- First rate communicator/persuader and influencer
- Proven leadership and managerial skills
- Articulate and strong analytical
- Commercial sensitive
- Logical problem solver
- Pragmatic with a flexible can-do mentality
- Tenacious and resilient without being arrogant or overbearing
- Self-confident and mature – able to be effective and credible at all levels
- Self-starter, but must combine this with being a good team player, sensitive to the needs of others
- Fluent Finnish and English required.
Fintrax Group does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be consider on their merits, irrespective of experience.