Business Analyst - Contract
We are looking for a Business Analyst to be based at our office In Galway, this is a 12 month contract role.
Fintrax Group IT Department requires a Business Analyst to support the growing delivery of IT Development Projects across the Premier Tax Free and DCC businesses. The role will work closely with the Group’s Business teams and the IT delivery team.
The Fintrax Group is a Financial Services Company that specialises in tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 1000 people worldwide, Fintrax provides international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies.
Fintrax works with some of the most desirable luxury and retail brands in over 45 countries. The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, experiencing growth in revenues of over 20% and growth in profitability of over 30% annually since July 2011. This growth is set to continue with ambitious plans to double the business in 3 years and treble it in 5 years. These growth plans are based on a strong business model underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Capture and document user requirements in detailed functional specifications.
- Coordinate and lead reviews of IT and Business processes and systems, including formal document reviews and approvals where necessary
- Align the Business requirements to solution design and validate against business objectives
- Provide input to cost benefit analysis, business case definition and project initiation
- Translation of the business requirements into project deliverables
- Devising and conducting functional test cases
- Ensure solutions are consistent with Fintrax IT operational and software development standards and corporate compliance requirements
- As domain expert you will be expected to support IT Teams during the project development life cycle.
- Support of Business in pre-sales activities
- Build effective working relationships with business and project teams across the Group at all levels and 3rd parties to aid effective collaboration and communication
- 2/4 years experience in a Business analyst role
- Experience of analyzing and evaluating business processes for improvement.
- Ability to write concise formal functional specifications.
- Ability to relate business material to development resources.
- Experience with formalized UML design and iterative development.
- Financial or banking application development experience is a plus
- Experience of the full project development lifecycle.
- Ability to work on own initiative in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Be inquisitive, analytical, conscientious and pragmatic
- Strong analysis, research, problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Candidates should have business or IT related degree.