Application Support Analyst / SQL Developer
We are looking for an Application Support developer (SQL Server) with excellent problem solving skills. You will join an enthusiastic team that handles requests for support that are raised by users using the principal back office tax refund system developed using .NET and SQL server
The Fintrax Group is a Financial Services Company that specialises in tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 1000 people worldwide, Fintrax provides international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies.
Fintrax works with some of the most desirable luxury and retail brands in over 55 countries. The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, experiencing growth in revenues of over 20% and growth in profitability of over 30% annually since July 2011. This growth is set to continue and these plans are based on a strong business model underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Taking ownership and responsibility for incoming support incidents assigned to you and ensuring that they are managed thoroughly to resolution within the SLA.
- Investigating and analysing support tickets assigned to the team and ensuring that they are resolved in a timely manner.
- You will ensure that the all raised issues are resolved successfully and in a timely manner and that the systems are maintained and enhanced to improve their performance and stability.
- Documenting resolutions for often occurring incidents to build a knowledgebase.
- Exercise sound judgment when dealing with moderately complex issues falling outside your direct level of accountability.
- Monitoring of daily jobs and issue report to management
- Pro-active communication with developers and follow the framework of taking control over the changes post go live to support the system
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Good analytical skills and close attention to detail as the data can be complex and contain financial figures
- Excellent communication skills with business users of all levels both written and verbal
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Ability to analyse and fix any reporting related queries
- Experienced in SQL Server with familiarity of writing T-SQL scripts and stored procedures
- Debug/troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of software development life cycle process
- Very good communication skills both Verbal and written. This position requires communication with users in various countries
Nice to have
- JIRA and confluence experience
- Foreign language skills
- Experience working with and supporting Data Warehouse solutions