The primary function of this position is to deliver a professional comprehensive, support service in our Payments Department and to Fintrax Group companies as Payments Clerk. This role will support our Payments Department in the day to day operations for the Department ensuring both quality and controls are maintained to the highest levels.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract to cover a maternity leave
The Fintrax Group is a Financial Services Company that specialises in multi-currency payments, VAT refunds and Credit Card Processing.
For almost 30 years Fintrax has been an industry pioneer, providing the best in payment services to overseas visitors, international retail groups and banks.
Fintrax employs nearly 600 in our Worldwide Operations spanning over 29 countries and is headquartered in Galway, Ireland. It has Regional Offices in all major European cities, Mexico and Singapore.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Process transactions and complete daily tasks in a timely and structured manner.
- Provide support to the team to ensure the team meets all SLA’s (Service Level Agreements).
- Interact with colleagues, having due regard to our commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Assist with reporting requirements both on an on-going and ad hoc basis.
- Take ownership of issues and resolution of queries.
- Assess processes/systems, provide solutions and oversee implementation of ways to improve controls/efficiencies.
- Assist the reconciliation team with queries that result due to their activities.
- Provide cover to other staff for planned and unplanned absences.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Maintain daily check lists with specific adherence to audit requirements.
- Any other such duties that may be required of you.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Third level qualification or experience within the financial services sector is advantageous, but not essential.
- Previous administration experience.
- Computer Literate
- Work well within a team as well as on their own initiative
- Strong numeric skills
- Strong Organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise work in order to meet deadlines
- Must be able to communicate well and support key stakeholders and departments
- Ability to be flexible within a fast growing global company
- Quality focused with attention to detail
- Proven time management and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Must display initiative and a common sense approach.