To provide administrative support for Loss Prevention team. This role is undertaken by delivering a consistent high-level service in line with Fintrax and Premier Tax Free policies and procedures and in keeping with the Company’s Vision, Mission and 5 year Strategy.
You will be involved in minimising the risk of the company’s exposure to fraudulent activity within the Tax Free Shopping scheme. The department is an investigative and controlled area and requires a candidate with exceptional attention to detail.
The Fintrax Group is a Financial Services Company that specialises in tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 1000 people worldwide, Fintrax provides international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies.
Fintrax works with some of the most desirable luxury and retail brands in over 55 countries. The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, experiencing growth in revenues of over 20% and growth in profitability of over 30% annually since July 2011. This growth is set to continue with ambitious plans to double the business in 3 years and treble it in 5 years. These growth plans are based on a strong business model underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption.
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Administration: Assist in preparation of automated reports, gathering evidence for distribution throughout the Group working with our software programs including spreadsheets, databases and word processing.
2. Communication: Good communication and interpersonal skills. Committed team player
3. Filing: Ensure existing records are correct and updated for reference with high quality and in a timely manner. A responsibility to keep work space tidy
4. General: Undertake any general administrative task associated with the Risky Business process as assigned by the Manager.
1. Candidate must be educated to GCSE Level in Math’s, English and Computing.
2. Preferably, have previous experience in an administrative role.
3. Must have strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written English language skills
4. Must have a positive attitude with the ability to embrace change
5. Must be driven to find ways to streamline operations within their daily workload and to improve current procedures
6. Must be capable of working individually and managing a workspace.
7. Must have good time management skills, as the general variety of the position requires prioritizing of workload on a daily basis.
8. Must have an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Outlook
1. Must be organised and efficient and enjoy working in an environment that requires flexibility and occasional change in work priorities.
2. Must be able to work independently and enjoy working with attention to detail.
3. Must display a professional, confident, friendly and welcoming manner.
4. Must display initiative and common sense.