POS Test Engineer
Fintrax is seeking a professional / career tester as EFT POS Software QA Engineer; to be responsible for ensuring quality of the Fintrax POS (EFT POS) applications. This will involve verifying that the POS application meet the requirements for our merchants and is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) compliant. You will verify the EFT POS devices configuration tools, transactions cycle and settlement cycle for all EFT POS development releases. You will also test payment systems.
The Fintrax Group is a Financial Services Company that specialises in tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 700 people worldwide, Fintrax provides international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies.
Fintrax works with some of the most desirable luxury and retail brands in over 30 countries. The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, experiencing growth in revenues of over 20% and growth in profitability of over 30% annually since July 2011. This growth is set to continue with ambitious plans to double the business in 3 years and treble it in 5 years. These growth plans are based on a strong business model underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption.
KEY RESULT AREA (KRA’S)
- Work with project managers and other stakeholders to understand system requirements and develop test strategies
- Create test plans & manual test cases / automated test scripts based on business requirements and end to end flows
- Provide training and support to operations and merchants performing level 2 support
- Analysing different payments protocol APACS40/70, ISO8583 and BICISO
- Work with POS team leader to document release notes for applications
- Keep up to date with changes to card scheme rules and compliance requirements
- Ensure that the design of test (both manual and automation) meet the needs & goals of the project.
- Creating EFT POS testing plan in TestRAIL
- Log and track detailed product defects in Jira
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in a EFT POS testing role
- Experience in writing & executing project test plans and test cases based on business requirements
- Knowledge of EMV, contactless and mobile payments
- The ability to read and understand formal Payments technical specifications, and to recognise faults and ambiguities within
- Experience with VISA and MASTERCARD scheme rules a definite asset (desirable)
Qualifications & Skills
- Ideally, hold a third level degree (or equivalent), preferably in business, IT or finance.
- Knowledge of card scheme brands, rules and regulations
- Logical & structured approach to test planning, execution and reporting
- Excellent problem solving ability and attention to detail
- Competence in concisely explaining problems, both verbally and in a written format
- Ability to work in a team environment and show initiative
- Ability to quickly assimilate, learn and understand processes in new & complex financial systems
- Interpersonal Skills: Must display reliability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Driven by quality considerations
- Team player: To be able to work with diverse teams in many locations.
- Able to work on own initiative