This role will provide a comprehensive financial accounting and administrating service in the Redhill office. The role is primarily to support the Finance Manager with the task of preparing month end accounts for Fintrax. This finance role is undertaken by delivering a consistent high-level service in line with Fintrax Group policies and procedures and in keeping with the Company’s Vision, Mission and Strategy.
The Fintrax Group is a Financial Services Company that specialises in tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 600 people worldwide, Fintrax provides international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies.
Fintrax works with some of the most desirable luxury and retail brands in over 30 countries. The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, experiencing growth in revenues of over 20% and growth in profitability of over 30% annually since July 2011. This growth is set to continue with ambitious plans to double the business in 3 years and treble it in 5 years. These growth plans are based on a strong business model underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Close month end for a Fintrax subsidiary, post journal entries with supporting documentation.
- Submit quarterly VAT returns to HMRC.
- Generate monthly direct debit instruction for settlement of invoices.
- Process and invoice intercompany recharges and reconcile the control account.
- Check daily partner invoices and settle payments on schedule.
- Posting and reconciling bank accounts on a regular basis.
- Debtors and creditors control to include monitoring aged reports, settlement and allocation of payments.
- Engage with auditors and tax advisors when required by the Finance Manager.
- Assist the Finance Manager and the finance team with ad hoc projects.
- Engage with other departments (e.g. Operations Support) to ensure they have the right financial information and vice versa.
Knowledge & Experience
- Part qualified (AAT – Level 4)
- User knowledge of Sage X3
- VAT experience would be beneficial
- Proven organizational, planning and communication skills
- Good technical and analytical aptitude
- Proficient spoken and written English
- Excellent Excel skills
- Must be able to communicate well and support key stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible within a fast growing global economy
- Proven time management and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Must display initiative and a common sense approach
Fintrax Group does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be consider on their merits, irrespective of experience.