Relationship Manager - South Africa
Relationship Manager – South Africa – Johannesburg
Primary responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Maximize the revenue from the banks merchant portfolio by monitoring and reporting on opt-in rates and taking part in strategies to maximize and expand revenues. The role will entail a mixture of office and non-office-based work, including visits to clients and may involve meetings with clients within Western Europe and therefore a full clean driving license will be essential.
The position will be involved with the following:
• Manage and execute PYC roll out in various locations
• Develop and maintain good relationships with our partner banks and key merchants
• Grow portfolio sales volume and revenue
• Improve portfolio opt-in performance by completing the following:
• Monitor the daily/weekly/monthly figures
• Analyse data and produce action plan with corrective strategies based on prioritization
• Regular and ongoing bank review meetings
• Form and take part in merchant performance & corrective strategies
• Analyse sales trends
• Provide reports to banks and key merchants
• Provide training for bank sales teams and key merchants
• Escalate and manage to resolution operational issues that are reported or identified through monitoring figures or bank /merchant discussions to internal functional units and follow up to ensure any issues are investigated, resolved and steps are taken to prevent re-occurrence.
• Participate in competitor analysis
• Provide monthly highlights to line manage
• Other duties as assigned
Required Experience & Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Some travel may be required from time to time.
The ideal candidate will need:
• 3-5 years’ experience in a Card Acquiring, Point of Sale terminal management and servicing environment, or a hospitality or large retail finance department with involvement in the card processing function
• Some project and product management experience
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, including English/Afrikaans language capabilities
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; be confident in their ability to escalate issues and create viable resolution plans which maximize opportunities for Planet and its rapidly growing client base
• Excellent presentation skills and a proven track record in outstanding client relationship management
• Job description is subject to change & other duties may be assigned when the Company deems appropriate.