Project Manager, Payments Technology
We are looking for a Project Manager, Payments Technology to be based at our office in Galway.
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world’s leading Tax Free Shopping (‘TFS’), Dynamic Currency Conversion (‘DCC’), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
KEY RESULT AREA (KRA’S)
- Creating project plans, resource planning and maintaining strong control of project deliverables, risks, obstacles and mitigate those through the project lifecycle.
- Monitoring and control of project performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality and appropriate business measurements for all project activities.
- Driving a cross-team of Payments specialists to deliver the project to committed deadlines. This involves prioritization of project tasks, allocation of cross-team resources to those tasks
- Working closely with Business stakeholders to extract requirements and ensure delivery commitments are agreed
- Provide strong leadership within the Payments IT team.
- Communicate and manage change requests to relevant stakeholders, provide support throughout development
- Oversee quality assurance of the final product.
- Responsibility for an up-to-date, standardized technical specification for the delivered projects.
- Ensure up to date status & communication of the on-going projects to stakeholders.
- Maintain register of actions, issues, risks and report on project progress & status on a weekly basis to Head of Payments IT.
- Be fully familiar with Payment Platform and System change programme to deliver successful implementations.
- Liaise with Payments IT Delivery Managers and internal IT functions on wider technology integrations change.
- Ensure full compliance with Card Scheme Rules and security requirements
- Participate in the Company’s Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems and Company Values at all times.
Knowledge & Experience
- Must have 5yrs min experience in delivering Payments Platform Integrations Projects in a fast-moving environment
- Must display the ability to take ownership of projects, acquire relevant knowledge and a strong track record of delivery
- Must have a proven track record of identifying and solving problems.
- Must have experience of managing cross-function teams to deliver project objectives.
- Must have experience delivering Payments Systems Integrations change
- Must have had exposure to Payments Implementations programmes.
- Experience in dealing with multiple vendors is required
- Must have a deep understanding of Payments Processing and Platform Technologies (WAY4 or others), including Oracle / Sql database
- Close management of key stakeholders is a requirement
- Delivery of project reporting also a strong requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in IT / Business or equivalent required.
- Ideally certified in Project Management methodologies, Prince 2 Professional, Project Management Professional or equivalent.
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Ability to prepare reports and presentations to communicate effectively to the project sponsor, the wider company, partners and customers.
- Proven communication and Project Management skills and the ability to start, manage and deliver projects within tight deadlines.
- Good level of analytical problem solving skills to identify and diagnose problems and implement appropriate solutions.
- Proven organizational, planning and budgetary skills.
- Leadership skills; Must show ability to lead an international team of Payments experts in a global IT environment.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must display integrity, reliability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Passion for detail: Must have proven ability to architect and drive through change in a fast growing company.
- Solid team Player: To be able to work with diverse teams in many locations.
- Outstanding Communication & presentation skills; Must be able to communicate with non IT specialists
- Time Management; Must have proven time management skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Decision maker: Willing to take responsibility and able to make sound decisions in a fast growing global company
- Travel: Must be available to travel, if required.