We are looking Business Analysts / Capability Architects to join our newly formed Project Management Office.
You will help develop a great reputation across our global network and build the PMO “brand” through exceptional customer service and change delivery.
As a Business Analyst you will support the business in delivery by not only understanding, analysing and documenting change but also applying expertise, providing challenge and influencing to reach the right outcomes. Providing a vital link between our IT Solution Delivery teams and the business objectives driving the change.
You will also support the change agenda by seeking and driving process improvements across the Group.
The Fintrax Group is a Financial Services Company that specialises in tax refunds, multi-currency payments, credit card processing and point of sale technologies. Employing over 1000 people worldwide, Fintrax provides international shoppers, merchants, card acquirers and banks with an expanding range of services, increasingly leveraging the latest mobile technologies.
Fintrax works with some of the most desirable luxury and retail brands in over 45 countries. The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, experiencing growth in revenues of over 20% and growth in profitability of over 30% annually since July 2011. This growth is set to continue with ambitious plans to double the business in 3 years and treble it in 5 years. These growth plans are based on a strong business model underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Working across a large and varied portfolio for example: developing Target Operating Models; re-engineering business processes; managing the requirements lifecycle on complex systems and other initiatives.
- Elicit requirements, using a combination of user interviews, systems & data analysis, business process analysis, use cases and scenarios, ensuring all stakeholders are involved.
- Capture requirements according to documentation standards, including
- Business Requirements Documentation
- Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Gap Analysis
- Use Cases
- Ensure high-level business requirements are at an appropriate level to enable IT Solution Delivery to determine system rules and detailed user, functional, and non-functional requirements.
- Distribute and communicate requirements documents to all stakeholders.
- Maintain and manage effective change control over requirements.
- Review, negotiate, and prioritise requirements with all stakeholders incl. 3rd party suppliers (where applicable).
- Manage sign-off and acceptance of requirements by stakeholders.
- Work with business units to re-engineer and strengthen “As-Is” processes by identifying any bottlenecks, delays, unnecessary complexity etc in processes.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve business practices and efficiencies for both internal & external customers.
- Work with business units to design improved “To-Be” processes by using process modelling.
- Be happy to take ownership and spearhead project requirements deliverables without micromanagement.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience as a Business Analyst / BA covering all aspects of the project delivery lifecycle.
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing.
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools.
- Have an understanding of the high-level technical architecture and be able to facilitate debate and drive decisions on appropriate solutions.
- Experience in implementing new business processes, functional/technical design, development, testing (System, Integration, User and Operational Readiness) through the full project life cycle.
- Must have ability to grasp new technologies and translate technology for business users.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma (DMAIC).
- Systems engineering experience.
- Experience of working as the conduit between the business and IT, leveraging excellent written and oral communication skills to assure a clear translation of business requirements into functional outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience in producing comprehensive and accurate documentation (e.g. process mapping, data flow diagramming), facilitating workshops with the business utilizing a variety of business analysis methods embracing GAP analysis, requirements gathering and validation.
- Experience of working on complex projects and programmes involving broad-based business change.
- Experience of agile and waterfall project lifecycles within a structured environment, with exposure to working with third-party application development partners.
- Experience in Target operating Models and wider business design functions.
- Working knowledge of RUP/UML and experience of delivering Use Cases.
- Understanding of Project Management – resource and time management.
- Degree qualified is desirable.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills, both oral and written.
- The ability to juggle different projects / priorities and deliver high quality outcomes under pressure.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence & Innotas would be an advantage.
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of a newly formed project team.
Technical skills should include:
- Requirements gathering and prioritisation techniques e.g. MoSCoW
- Business Process design using recognised notation / tools e.g. BPMN
- Documentation skills i.e. skilled in writing business requirement documents
- Experience in writing SQL queries (desirable).
- Interpersonal Skills: Must display integrity, reliability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Passion for detail: Must have proven ability to architect and passionate about continuous improvement and driving through change in a fast growing company.
- Highly organised, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Critical thinking: The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Solid team player: Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team across divisions.
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills. Must be able to communicate with stakeholders across the business, concisely and with clarity, regardless of form. Strong listening, analytical, and negotiation skills, with close attention to detail. Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Travel: Must be available to travel throughout the European offices.
Fintrax Group does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.