Manager, Access Services - National Position (Chicago/DC Preferred)
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
Manager, Access Services will provide Feeding America network members with skills and resources to sustainably increase the capacity of their partner agency networks to deliver nutritious food to those facing hunger. This role will partner closely with network members, providing expert tools, skills, guidance and resources to grow and sustain agency food raising and overcome barriers to food storage and distribution and dignified access.
Salary Range: $66,000 to $85,000+ Based on Experience
- Collaborate with network CEOs and executive teams to build and implement strategy around Agency Capacity. Utilize a deep partnership approach and subject matter expertise to help network members create customized programs and solutions.
- Work with food banks to implement tools and resources that address both persistent and emerging need for increased agency capacity targeting the sourcing, distribution and access of food through agency capacity growth, including webinars, forums for best practice sharing and professional development workshops
- Function as an external consultant in partnership with food banks to help build and grow critical strategic capabilities across partner agency networks.
- Identify, vet and document the network’s best knowledge around partner agency capacity development. Collaborate with Capacity Building Strategy & Growth; Network Learning & Engagement; Access, Equity & Opportunity; Innovation, Member Engagement; Member Grants; Supply Chain; and other colleagues so that this knowledge is up to date and reflected in customized services, online tools and other services and resources provided to network members.
- Facilitate training, learning and engagement of network food bank agency relations, operations, and programs leaders through sharing of knowledge and resources to agency capacity via learning institutes, cohorts, digital engagement and other services.
- Identify both persistent and emerging capacity building challenges and barriers that members experience. Develop services and tools that provide high quality, practical solutions addressing these challenges.
- Oversee the awarding and stewarding of grants, including implementation and reporting of outcomes (design, implement and oversee assigned grants; make direct funding recommendations, reviews progress reports, etc.) related to partner agency capacity building.
- Frequent travel: 20% - 40%.
- Mission Focused – Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America’s mission through word and action. Is committed to keeping people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
- Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different backgrounds and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
- Leverages Functional Expertise: Leverages advanced functional knowledge to shape decisions and plans. Uses professional experience to fix processes and make improvements to practices, policies, and procedures. Tracks latest practices and innovations and ways these could improve processes within the organization.
- Communicates Effectively: Effectively communicates project and operating priorities to key stakeholder audiences that may include staff, network food bank members, donors and other audiences. Adjusts message and content based on feedback provided. Communicates clearly and effectively through verbal and written communication across individual, small group and formal presentation settings.
- Collaborates Internally & Externally: Actively supports collaboration within and between departments and with key stakeholders. Seeks input and resolves issues with a focus on mission and what’s best for the people we serve.
- Translates Strategy to Operational Goals: Translates project goals into SMART team and/or individual goals consistent with overall department strategy. Defines clear project deliverables and monitors and reports against progress.
- Inspires, Motivates & Influences Others: Demonstrates personal passion and commitment by elevating our mission to end hunger and connecting our work to the people we serve. Motivates through positive words and thoughtful actions making meaningful connections with team members and other key stakeholders. Identifies key stakeholders and develops plans and actions to engage them.
- Five plus years of experience and strong knowledge of all aspects of the network agency relations dynamics, agency distributions, and agency infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge food bank supply chain and feeding programs including food sourcing and distribution and client access strategies.
- Experience in developing partner agency food collection and distribution strategies and implementation plans preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of professionals in multiple organizations.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.