Marketing & Fundraising Analyst
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
Evaluate marketing and fundraising performance of online and offline channels by interpreting complex datasets to develop and execute insightful reports and dashboards.
- Develop and execute reports, visualizations, and reporting templates to evaluate Marketing and Fundraising programs to drive revenue growth. Use tools including SQL, Tableau, and Excel to analyze data and provide insights around donor and constituent data and financials.
- Design, manage, and execute updates to performance dashboards, including refreshing data to update existing data visualizations and reports and refining analytics based on program owners’ feedback.
- Maintain SQL queries for all revenue tracking and update as needed.
- Document processes for building, updating, and manipulating reports and templates to encourage adoption and best practice implementation across internal team and external business partners. Conduct informal trainings as necessary.
- Identify inconsistencies and gaps in data being used for reporting and partner with Systems & Data Management team to address and test fixes.
- Identify and drive opportunities for process automation and efficiencies.
- Effectively manage relationships with internal and external partners to ensure timely execution against agreed-upon deliverables.
- Provide additional support for special projects as needed, e.g. providing analysis to stakeholders to prepare for executive team meetings, benchmarking performance relative to the nonprofit sector, and providing input on analytics requirements for new marketing platforms.
- BA/BS preferably related to business, marketing, operations, or an Associate degree in similar areas or relevant experience
- 3+ years’ professional experience related to marketing analytics or similar
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work. Builds equity into structures, systems and processes for our employees and the communities we serve.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Leverages Functional Expertise – Leverages skills in SQL, report design / development, analytical insights to evaluate marketing and fundraising effectiveness.
- Manages for Results - Effectively organizes and prioritizes work with strong attention to detail and consistent follow-up to ensure effective execution and resolution of open issues. Manages short term priorities and longer-term more complex projects.
- Collaborates Internally & Externally - Comfortable working across diverse stakeholders to identify solutions, problem solve and orchestrate coordinated action. Fosters a sense of teamwork and cooperation naturally through approach to accomplishing work.
- Communicates Effectively – Communicates clearly and effectively verbally and in writing inside the organization and with external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Operates with Integrity – Incorporates high standards of professional behavior into every interaction and decision with a focus on respect, fairness, confidentiality and positive outlook and approach.
Required Technical Competencies and Experience
- Required ability to design, build, and manipulate queries/reports in SQL.
- Proficiency in Tableau, Python, or advanced Excel a plus.
- Independent self-starter who takes accountability for own learning; comfortable identifying gaps and creating action plans to resolve in order to drive results.
- Strong sense of curiosity coupled with excellent problem-solving and communication capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in fast-paced environment with a strong sense for meeting deadlines and follow-up.
- Detail-oriented, organized team player with strong ability to understand and document processes.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.