Vice President, Digital Platform Technology
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
Lead the creation and execution of a strategy for transforming Feeding America’s digital solutions landscape in pursuit of our fight to end hunger. Feeding America is working to transform and modernize our digital landscape. In service of this roadmap, this role will work with Network members, inclusive of the National Office, Members, and key Affiliates, to continue the prioritization and development of digital solutions for transforming our capabilities across the full range of Food Bank services including client intake, food sourcing, and food distribution. Serve as a member of the technology management team and lead a team of professionals developing and supporting applications and platforms that efficiently allows for increased volume and improved processes in our work.
Salary Range: $150,000 to $195,000+ Based on Experience
- Establish multi-year roadmaps, highlighting current gaps and anticipating and fulfilling future business and customer needs for digital capabilities.
- Manage a portfolio of IT investments, including delivering and enhancing core systems, driving productivity, efficiency and service.
- Drive the digital solutions portfolio to a common set of standards and requirements to allow for the seamless integration of data.
- Build digital strategies and objectives that align with the overall organization and departmental strategy / objectives to ensure a viable strategic roadmap is in place, is well communicated and can be executed.
- Partner and establish collaborative relationship with network and other department leaders to ensure continued growth and evolution of existing platform systems to meet mission and business objectives.
- Lead and manage IT vendors, external suppliers, and other contractual partners to ensure delivery of competitive service level agreements.
- Lead a team with diverse skill sets within an Agile Framework.
- Deliver presentations and facilitate meetings while adapting communication to varying audiences.
- Evaluate new tools, platforms and technologies and articulate the business case for investments.
- Ensure technical build activities are consistent with modern best practices.
- Drive the improvement / re-design of systems and processes to reduce costs, improve mission impact and/or increase constituent satisfaction.
- Brief organization senior leadership and other Network governing bodies on new initiatives, projects and/or progress of existing ones.
- Lead or support Feeding America national learning conferences as needed to ensure maximum value of content for network.
- Travel: Moderate - up to 20%.
- Mission Focused – Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America’s mission through word and action. Is committed to keeping people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
- Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different backgrounds and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
- Establishes Vision & Crafts Strategy: Develop strategic initiatives and create a supporting portfolio of projects that drives execution of organization strategy and operating goals. Create process and structure to build organization alignment and drive effective strategic execution. Build initiatives and projects to solve complex problems and address long term challenges/opportunities.
- Coaches & Develops Talent and Teams: Leverages talent management processes to develop talent for the department. Coaches and mentors talent with a focus on creating growth opportunities and providing regular, constructive, feedback to direct reports and others as appropriate. Demonstrates personal commitment to talent development through active involvement in all phases of the talent management cycle including recruiting, performance, development and compensation.
- Collaborates Internal & Externally: Understands and promotes process and structure to facilitate collaboration. Identifies key stakeholders and ensures collaboration occurs between departments, across the Network and with external partners through words and actions and by removing barriers when necessary. Collaborates and models positive engagement resolving issues and elevating conversations to focus on mission and what’s best for the people we serve.
- Fosters Innovation: Ensures that systems and processes are in place to identify new ideas, scan for best practices and drive continuous improvement. Pushes the organization to draw on internal and external ideas and solutions in developing initiatives and processes. Creates a learning environment.
- Inspires, Motivates & Influences Others: Inspires passion and commitment by elevating our mission to end hunger and connecting our work to the people we serve. Motivates through positive words and thoughtful actions making meaningful connections with staff, food bank members, donors and other key stakeholders. Broadly understands the key stakeholders who are essential to supporting our mission and achievement of strategic outcomes and directs department in developing specific plans and actions to engage them.
- 10+ years of increasing experience, responsibility, and success in Information Systems such as supply chain distribution, digital marketplace and/or consumer facing Technology environments.
- 10+ years of experience in leading digital capabilities such as ecommerce, mobile app and customer care & managing multiple teams.
- Must be obsessed with delivering results, insist on high standards, possess a knack for thinking big and “finding a way”, and an external awareness and curiosity to innovate and improve.
- Experience formulating vision and strategy to transform, simplify and modernize the implementation of customer-facing capabilities.
- Expertise in strategy, innovation, and delivery methodologies such as agile, water fall and scrum.
- Expert experience with cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and DevOps.
- Experience in developing capabilities consuming APIs, and micro services.
- Prior experience in the food industry and/or supply chain preferred.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.