Senior Technical SEO Executive
Position: Senior Technical SEO Executive
Location: London, The Bower
Reporting to: Head of SEO
Benefits: Farfetch For All Shareholder benefits, flexible opt-in benefits including 24 days’ holiday, birthday day off, Farfetch/Browns Fashion site discounts, cycle to work scheme, pension scheme, private medical & dental insurance, childcare vouchers + more
Hours of work: 09:00 – 18:00 (flexible working offered and encouraged)
Job posted date: 25th May 2018
Application closing date: 22nd June 2018
About the department:
Consisting of more than 100 people split across 10 teams, we look after both digital and brand marketing. We're a team of experts across Performance Marketing, SEO, CRM, Analytics and Data Science, Advertising Sales, Editorial, Online Communications, PR & Brand Events and Creative.
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
About the role:
In this role you will be the technical SEO specialist across all of our global offices. You will work closely with the Head of SEO to identify and support the technical expansion and contribution to the organic performance of Farfetch.
You will have the opportunity to leverage your technical SEO experience at a global level; with a particular focus on our emerging markets such as Russia, China & the Middle East. With your knowledge of global e-commerce platforms you will be successful in tackling on-site technical challenges, building international strategies and enjoy working with global stakeholders to achieve results.
What you’ll do:
- You will monitor organic search performance globally providing insights and analysis to the Head of SEO and other market managers
- You will look for ways to improve productivity throughout the department by focusing on automation and scale
- You will look at ways to develop and build your own tools/scripts to solve and the needs of the SEO team executives
- You will help contribute to the technical roadmaps and work alongside our SEO product owner building relationships with critical stakeholders to deliver projects
- You will be the SEO Technical champion at Farfetch providing training sessions when necessary to the SEO team and other business departments
- You will analyse competitor’s technical strategies and formulate insights to be shared with the wider SEO team
- You will be the primary point of contact for all technical tools and agencies helping train individuals within the team
- You will ensure product changes within the business meet technical SEO standards
- You will help the technical SEO team achieve a low error rate each month
Who you are:
- You have previous working knowledge of technical SEO within a global ecommerce business
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English and one additional language (Russian, Chinese or Arabic)
- You have demonstrable knowledge of one of our emerging markets and will be able to provide local insights to the global team
- You are educated to Degree level, with a Masters degree in addition
- You have experience using Google Analytics to report against KPI metrics
- You have a working knowledge of SQL
- You are experienced in at least one of the following: Advanced Web Rankings, Search Metrics, BrightEdge, Majestic, Ahrefs, Tableau, SEMRush, Botify and Screaming Frog
- You have experience managing and overseeing the workflow of more junior team members
- You have proven experience with building an SEO strategy and managing processes
- You are well organized and experienced at working in a fast-paced environment
- You are a strong communicator regardless of the format (email, documentation, presentation, discussion)
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.