Product Designer -Store of the Future
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes more than 1000 talented people and 400 independent boutiques across Europe, North and South America, Asia, and offices in London, New York, LA, Porto, Lisbon, Guimarães, São Paulo, Tokyo, Shanghai, Moscow and Hong Kong with further plans to expand.
We’re a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be human, Be brilliant, Todoś Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers, day to day.
Our Store of the Future business unit is shaking up the way customers shop in store by merging online and offline experiences. As part of this team you will be at the forefront of one of the most innovative and disruptive areas of Farfetch.
About the role:
We’re looking for a talented Product Designer to help turn our mission from vision to reality, working from the beginning to the end of product building, from new disruptive ideas to detailed iterations.
You will be a creative thinker who can execute intuitive, inspired and revolutionary journeys both online and offline. You’ll be able to convey complex customer journeys across new touchpoints in a compelling way, and help turn them into functioning products and services.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be solving abstract and complex problems from start to end, backing up design decisions with insight and data.
- You’ll be collaborate with the Product design team and through your expertise, help mentor and support other designers.
- You’ll be working within an agile process with the Engineering and Product teams. Forming, Building and iterating the product together.
- You’ll champion user experience and exquisite product design throughout the business.
- You’ll partner with and motivate internal and external teams, stakeholders, boutiques and brands.
- You’ll constantly Iterate based on feedback from the team, stakeholders and end users.
- You’ll be owning both the successes and failures in all your work, and apply this knowledge to the product design direction.
Who you are:
- You have experience as a digital product designer.
- You are naturally curious about how things work and have a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive.
- You will strive to find harmony between the digital and physical environment, through understanding of the people who ultimately experience it
- You have a strong practice in prototyping both rapidly and to high fidelity, and understanding its role in crafting a great product
- You have excellent communicator of your rationale and design work.
- You have experience and high level knowledge of the behaviors and capabilities of Native apps, Web and other digital products
- You have experience working in fashion, e-commerce, retail, service design, Agency or similar.
Nice to have (but not necessary)
- Ideally you may have a BA/BSc/MA in Interaction Design, HCI, Service design, Ethnography, Computer Science or similar.However, you can be self-taught with considerable experience.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.