Senior Product Owner - Production
Who we are
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
FOR THE TECH REVOLUTIONARIES. THE ONES WHO SEE THE FUTURE AND MAKE IT HAPPEN
Our world class Product team is responsible for ensuring that our customer’s journey is seamless across all of our platforms and designed and executed to high standards. Focusing heavily on UX & Digital Design, the teams are currently split across our three offices in London, Porto and Lisbon. Working across 3 main verticals, Frontoffice, Backoffice and Mobile they have helped to create the iconic ‘Farfetch’ look and feel. They’re true ambassadors of our business and ensure they’re always at the forefront of the latest technology, even creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch; they truly demonstrate our ‘Be Revolutionary’ value in everything they do.
Part of the European Production team, you will be instrumental in delivering a Production Platform for Digital content aligned with overall Business and Product Vision and Strategy. Your work will have a global impact to Farfetch as everything we deliver is to be rolled out to all the Production Centers
The work produced will have a global impact to Farfetch as it is intent to be rollout globally in all Production Centers.
What you’ll do:
- Drive product vision and strategy to optimize Digital Production processes in alignment with the business stakeholders and product roadmap initiatives;
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop supporting business cases including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations;
- Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development - pre impact analysis, deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identify problems that arise in the project, outline options, recommend solutions and escalate as needed;
- Rely on data driven techniques to present and secure approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary. Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensure that what is delivered meets the original goals;
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality;
- Analyze, recommend and implement process improvements to deliver optimal business development.
Who you are:
- Knowledgeable in Production systems;
- Experienced in rolling out Production solutions with high impact to the business operations;
- You have ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues;
- You can apply specialism to support others, technical knowledge to analyze and interpret different situations based on experience and understanding;
- Knowledgeable in Industry 4.0 is a plus;
- You have a bachelor's degree in in Engineering or Technology;
- You have more than 4 years of experience in a similar area;
- A professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills (Portuguese and English);
- Adaptable to a very fast paced and consistently growing and changing environment;
- Knowledgeable and experience in production processes (Kaizen, 5 S’s, standard work).
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.