iOS Engineering Lead
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do- they both help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionising the industry. Split across 3 main offices- London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints, Web, Mobile and Instore. The teams are committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.
To be part of Farfetch’s iOS Mobile Engineering Team as an Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for leading and developing a multi-disciplinary team of engineers working towards specific company goals.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end development of iOS applications driving the long-term mobile strategy planned for Farfetch. This role consists in leading the development of top notch Objective-C/Swift code and resort to battle hardened design patterns. It isn't just about writing iOS apps, you'll also have the chance to make sure the release cycle is up to the highest standards regarding building, testing and deploying iOS apps.
What you’ll do:
- You will lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers with different types of backgrounds;
- Set goals and development targets for the Engineers within managed team and support the team with feedback and development plans as they progress;
- Engage with the team Product Owner into building a backlog that continuously contributes to the execution of the roadmap;
- Contribute to the hiring, training and development plan for engineers within managed team;
- Assure the collaboration of managed team across different engineering teams/offices and adherence to the defined global engineering best practices and processes;
- Drive feature development and help improve end-to-end product quality;
- Contribute for cross team development of common libraries;
- Help define best practices on iOS development and contribute for a share and learn driven environment;
- Be fully committed to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment;
- Work closely with other Product Development teams to improve consistency and timing of releases;
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology.
Who you are:
- A professional with proven solid technical background leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams towards goal achievement;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with solid understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation and continuous improvement, preferable using Agile methodologies;
- Experienced in iOS development with at least one released app;
- Understanding of client side development as well as the API backend stack;
- Detail oriented and have excellent teamwork skills;
- Energetic, creative and fun to work with;
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.