Senior Business Development Executive
You will Introduce them to the Farfetch concept and services, convince them to join the global network and keep them engaged to the Farfetch strategy and vision. The success of Farfetch is driven by the relationships we have with our boutiques and it starts with Business Development.
What you’ll do:
- You will enjoy following-up and doing engagement of existing Boutiques
- You will ensure and maintain on-going relationship with boutiques across the UK, Eire, Baltics & Northern Europe by partnering with all internal Commercial teams (Account Management, Partner Services, Buying & Merchandising, Commercial Strategy, IT) to address any needs on either side (visits, conference calls, meetings etc.) and other departments if necessary (Marketing, Editorial…)
- You will constantly review and revise “selling points” and relevant collateral based on the company direction
- You will initiate seasonal check-ins with boutiques in alignment with Account Management to ensure that expectations are being met (Sales performance, Brands mix and Service level)
- You will promote wider company initiatives and projects as needed
- You will travel occasionally to visit our Boutique Partners and to our offices in Portugal
- You will have an understanding of the industry changes and evolution as well as the territory specificities, monitor boutiques other sales channels outside Farfetch if any
- You will work with contract renewals positioning
- You will work closely with BD manager to establish targeted pipeline
- You will research or utilize established relationships to initiate contact with prospective new stores
- You will introduce them to the Farfetch concept and our ecommerce service offering, constraints, costs
- You will lead the contract negotiations process to ensure a successful long-term partnership and profitable relationship for both parties
- You will maintain progress reports on prospective boutiques (last contact date/conversations) and map out who is left to sign
Who you are:
- You have few years of experience in sales related position in luxury fashion apparel or accessories; (fashion wholesale or showroom experience preferred)
- You have experience building and maintaining relationships with clients/customers
- You will have excellent organisation , communication and negotiation skills with attention to details
- You are analytical minded with ideally some experience within Merchandising
- You have working knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint with strong presentation skills
- You have solid understanding of the luxury fashion market
- You are professional, articulate, self-motivated, ability to multi-task
- You are able to manage a deal lifecycle which may take up to several years (patience is a key attribute which will be required in managing this process)
- You are Native or Fluent Italian speaker
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.