Senior Data Analyst - Store of the Future
Store of the Future (SoF) is the final piece in the Farfetch Augmented Retail vision, linking the online and offline worlds. It is a platform where Farfetch will tailor the solutions to each brand, each city and each store. SoF will use data to enhance the retail experience, delivering personalization for customers and empowering the store staff.
The team is dedicated to digital innovation. Our aim is to solve problems experienced by boutiques, brands and the end customer, as well as brainstorming new ideas and business concepts whilst exploring disruptive technologies in a rapid prototyping approach. By joining the SoF team you will be helping Farfetch pioneer the next stage in the evolution of the fashion industry … the connected store, which will allow customers to experience a new sense of discovery within retail.
Reporting to the Senior Customer Insights Manager, the Store of the Future team are looking for a experienced Senior Data Analyst to provide strategic and tactical insights as well as key recommendations to measure, track and improve key customer and retail KPIs for the brands and boutiques that Store of the Future will partner with.
What you’ll do:
- Develop new KPIs to track and measure customer and retail metrics associated to Store of the Future projects.
- Navigating through complex data structures and systems to analyse available data and generate recommendations based on insights.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the Farfetch Group (Digital Marketing, Retail & Merchandising, Browns, Black & White) to scope and develop data requirements to support their needs with Store of the Future projects.
- Work closely with brand and boutique partners to translate their data requirements into actionable deliverables and forward planning for the Store of the Future roadmap.
- Work with Retail Operations teams to implement data collection and cleansing initiatives as necessary to build out data structures.
- Implement new reporting tools to facilitate onmi-channel customer analysis.
Who you are:
- Relevant degree (specialism in mathematics, economics, strategy or marketing)
- Experience in customer centric role is a must ideally within in the consumer retail sector
- Solid analytical background in at LEAST one of the following areas: propensity modelling, customer profiling & targeting, campaign reporting, targeting models, retention & churn prediction.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex data clearly to senior managers across the business.
- You have technical skills for processing and analysing large amounts of data:
- Excel (required)
- SQL, R (preferred)
- Web analysis tools, such as Google Analytics (preferred) and Adobe Omniture
- Knowledge of tracking systems and websites, BI, data warehousing, etc. (preferred)
- Experience working as the ‘bridge’ between the IT teams and the business to translate complex and sometimes ambiguous data requirements into actionable plans.
- Knowledge and proactive involvement with large scale data platform implementations (e.g. single customer view projects)
- Works independently in a structured manner
- Excellent Excel skills and report writing skills
- An interest in luxury fashion
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task
- Additional experience in any of the following: online marketing, the luxury consumer sector, customer strategy.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.