Dutch Content Supervisor
About the role:
You will join a progressive and innovative Content Production team. This is a fully generalist role, with clear scope to be involved in all aspects of the work our brilliant team do. You’ll focus on creating ‘revolutionary’ content and product descriptions, and work across the many departments to support with localizing and translating content for the Farfetch website.
Working to the company’s brand guidelines within a large multi-lingual team of around 45 employees, you will be required to create well-written, succinct and accurate translations to describe luxury clothing, accessories and lifestyle products sold on the site.
Reporting into the Content Manager you will be an experienced and proven leader, with previous experience working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally this would have been within a translation role, but a creative copywriter or a linguistics specialist with a passion to move their career into fashion will also be considered.
What you’ll do:
- You will lead Dutch translations for the business, responsible for all localisation, ensuring high quality written content.
- You will write, proof and test translation of all content for the Dutch website including webtext, flat content, social posts, editorial and ad hoc copy
- You will create and define a tone of voice for the Dutch site that reflects the core Farfetch brand, acting as the quality guardian for our Dutch tone of voice
- You will ensure that all translations are done with a full understanding of best practice within your specific market whilst adhering to the Farfetch brand guidelines
- You will manage our relationship with our 3rd party product description translation provider.
- You will collaborate with various stakeholders across other departments to help evolve the Farfetch business
Who you are:
- You have proven experience in effectively managing translation processes
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, and proficient English-Dutch translation experience
- You are an independent "self-starter" with an excellent knowledge of content best practices, and a solid understanding of garment and accessory construction
- You are highly organised, with a strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- You are target focused and result driven, with the ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadline
- You have knowledge and love of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting edge street style
- You have a writing style that is accurate and adaptable, with an impeccable use of grammar
Non-essential but desirable
- You are comfortable with digital work on both in-house and external CMS
- You are experienced with working in localization projects for e-commerce website, preferably luxury fashion retail
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.