Release Engineer - Lisboa
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do- they both help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionizing the industry. Split across 3 main offices- London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints, Web, Mobile and Instore. The teams are committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.
As a member of the team, you will contribute to the coordination of the releases deployment to our production systems, managing, and maintaining all the systems that support the release process. We are constantly pushing updates and iterating on all of our products. You will be a key player to bring your excitement by complex systems and the challenges that come from working with some of the best succeed e-commerce platforms in the world.
What you’ll do:
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities;
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality;
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required;
- Work with development engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges;
- Develop and maintain scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms;
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
Who you are:
- Experienced in Release Management or Project Management;
- Knowledgeable Experience in software build and maintenance tools with Visual Studio, Octopus Deploy or any other automation build and deployment tools;
- Experienced in an object orientated language like C# (or Java), Powershell, and SQL Server;
- Focused in working in Agile environments with SCRUM methodologies;
- Passionate about delivering quality software and defending the customer/end-user perspective;
- You want to learn how to automate things;
- A good communicator and teamwork believer.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.