Senior Procurement Operations Specialist
About the role:
The role will be responsible for executing the global Procurement Operations vision in the UK, with the goal of achieving both operational and financial benefit for the company. Under the guidance of Global Procurement, the role will be responsible for the implementation of the global business spend management tool across UK functions, ensuring spend under management is optimized for improved spend management and operational efficiency, with a focus on indirect spend. In scaling business spend management processes in the business, this person will execute, and develop if applicable, category sourcing strategies.
This person will be responsible for the development of vendor relationships, conducting RFPs, negotiations and e-auctions. This person will be a business partner to local teams, developing effective relationships with key stakeholders. This person will develop financial models and perform trend analysis in order to identify opportunities and recommend solutions to current priorities.
The ideal profile is someone with a strong strategic and business acumen, a high degree of analytical ability and solid leadership skills, ideally with past exposure to e-commerce. This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial analysis background, problem-solving skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Execute global Procurement Operations vision in the UK
- Implement global business spend management tool in the UK
- Identify business needs and prioritize operational and financial benefit opportunities
- Conduct financial planning and analysis, building complex financial models and analytical tools to support and inform procurement strategies
- Lead RFP, negotiation, e-auction to select vendors
- Proactively and frequently communicate business results
- Analyse new business ideas, make analytical judgments, and provide data-intensive analyses to drive meaningful change
- Use deep understanding of objectives, issues and root causes and provide insightful, fact-based data analysis to help solve complex problems
- Work with business owners in vendor selection and negotiations (price and other terms)
- Assess financial stability and risk of potential vendors
- Support development of non-standard vendor contracts in collaboration with legal
- Support vendor audit and ensure all vendor onboarding documents are compliant
- When necessary manage external supplier relationships and internal customer relationships
- Develop and maintain effective strategic relationships with key internal customers and stakeholders
Who you are:
- BA/BS degree in business, finance or a related field; master degree is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant procurement and/or finance experience
- Sourcing, project management, planning skills
- Experience with Coupa will be a plus
- Strong business partner experience; experienced in working with multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Proven ability to work within strict deadlines
- Strong identification with Farfetch core values
- Ability to travel infrequently to Farfetch global offices.