Product Design Project Lead – Platform
We want a creative thinker and technical problem solver who will help raise the product experience and our design approach to whole new levels. You’ll be a leader and enabler, drawing upon your own experience to guide key projects and individuals to success. You’ll provide mentoring, advice and space as appropriate. You’ll help others grow and do great things.
What you’ll do:
- You'll be the lead designer for one of our product areas and become an expert on it.
You will gain a deep understanding of the needs and goals of your users and develop good knowledge of all external dependencies.
- Working alongside Product Management and Engineering leaderships for your area, together you'll own the vision for the Product.
- You'll sync and collaborate with the wider Platform Design team to align our platform products, making sure that the journeys and patterns across tools are effective and consistent.
- You'll champion user experience and advocate the best design for our end users.
- You'll lead by example and support the designers under your guidance. You'll be providing clear direction and strategy.
- You'll help sustain, innovate and enrich how platform Product Design works and therefore extend the impact we have.
- You’ll work in agile processes in a multidisciplinary team with other product designers, user researchers, product owners and developers.
- You'll look at the future of our tools / company and help us get there.
- You’ll bring inspiring ideas to motivate an energetic and collaborative team.
Who you are:
- You have experience working on complex technical systems e.g. an intranet.
- You’ve earned a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or similar.
- You have excellent collaboration skills, as well as being able to constructively direct action within teams. You understand when to be hands-on and when you need to mentor.
- You’re eager to learn as well as to teach.
- You're curious about how things work and have a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive.
- You're a great communicator, who's able to adjust your message depending on the audience.
- You're able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required.
- You're comfortable working with remote peers on a consistent basic.