Who we are:
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.<p
Our world-class Technology team is at the core of what we do- they both help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionizing the industry. Split across 3 main offices- London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints, Web, Mobile and Instore. The teams are committed to turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.
As our paradigm shifts into being a Global Platform, the Architecture team is a central piece in the global technology team and have the mission to improve the sustainability of the Farfetch Platform in the long run.
As a Data Architect, you’ll be joining our growing Architect Team, helping design and build the number one high-fashion platform.
On-site the majority of the time, you'll coordinate and drive the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and integration of major new capabilities into the product line, ensuring that product design and technology choices anticipate future needs. This is a hands-on role, so prepare yourself to collaborate with the engineering and product teams to promote a productive organization and amazing culture.
What you'll do:
- Help plan technology strategies, considering both technical and business needs.
- Design simple solutions to complex business problems assuring availability, scalability, and performance.
- Provide global technical mentorship and support for data modeling and architectural design.
- Think holistically and work with other architects to ensure that all components are aligned with the company strategy.
- Search and research new technologies that fit enterprise use cases.
Who you are:
- A professional with a minimum of 8 years of professional experience as a data engineer/architect.
- Experienced in data modeling and designing data flows (ETL\ELT) with large datasets.
- Experienced in batch and stream processing.
- Knowledgeable of SOA and service communication using RESTful APIs.
- Excellent team worker with great communication skills.
- Problem solver and dedicated.
- Good at leading, following and getting out of the way.
- Experienced in the following technologies is a plus: HBase, Hive, Impala, Spark, SQL Server BI, Apache Cassandra, Apache Airflow, Apache Kafka.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long-term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.