Junior/Mid Platform Data Engineer
You will be part of a small and dynamic team, who follow Agile methodologies. We are part of a vision to build a highly autonomous and empowered Data Science / Data Engineering team that moves fast to rapidly deliver big impact with some of our most challenging and high visibility projects.
We are not afraid of failing because we have a culture of learning from our mistakes and improving all the time!
You will be working in a multicultural team, where the motto is “work hard, play hard!”. The team is easy going, relaxed and laid back. Everyone’s opinion matters, regardless of your seniority. Working collaboratively as a team and with our colleagues, both here in London and across our other global locations, you’ll be shaping the technical direction of a critically important part of Farfetch.
What you’ll do:
- You will design and build scalable & reliable data pipelines (ETLs) for our data platform.
- You will constantly evolve data models & schema design of our data warehouse to support our business’ self-service needs.
- You will work cross-functionally with various teams, creating solutions that deal with large multi-terabytes volumes of data.
- You will work with the team to set and maintain standards and development practices.
- You will be a keen advocate of quality and continuous improvement.
Who you are:
- You can write SQL in your sleep!
- You are able to write Python
- knowledge of infrastructure (you are familiar, not necessarily an expert, with multi nodes clusters, pipeline as code, etc)
- You have manage infrastructure as code using terraform or an equivalent tool
- You have experience in a multi-cloud environment, preferably GCP
- You have worked in a Data Warehouse environment with varied forms of data infrastructure, including relational databases and Column Store.
- You have experience with orchestration tools such as airflow.
- You have experience in creating and evolving dimensional data models & schema designs to improve accessibility of data and provide intuitive analytics. Kimball model is not a mystery for you!
- You have good analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to work in a fast moving operational environment and you are enthusiastic and with a positive attitude.
We don’t expect you to be an expert at everything on that list, but we want you to be the sort of person who is self motivated and curious enough to find out more about the tech we use.
We take a “best tool for the job” approach; if you’ve been solving similar problems to us then we are more than happy to have a chat with you!