We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.The Team
Our world class Product team is responsible for our customer’s journey through our platforms. Focusing on UX & Digital Design, the teams are split across our offices in London, Porto and Lisbon. Working across Front Office, Backoffice and Mobile they help to create the iconic ‘Farfetch’ look and feel. They’re true ambassadors of our business and ensure we're at the forefront of the latest technology while demonstrating our ‘Be Revolutionary’ value.
You will contribute to building the next-generation search and natural language interfaces that apply semantic technology to match user intent and interests with products. It involves query understanding but also scoring and ranking of results, and everything else we need to do to deliver the right results to the right customers at the right time.
What you'll do
- Accessing and analyzing data to generate insights and make proactive recommendations.
- Formulating success metrics for search quality and search experience, creating dashboards/reports to monitor them;
- Designing and analyzing experiments to test new ideas for improving Farfetch search;
- Developing models and data-driven solutions that add material lift to search relevance and experience.
Who you are
- A graduate of a Masters or a Doctorate program in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics, Social Sciences etc.;
- Knowledgeable in one of the following areas is a strong plus: information retrieval, user intent modeling, online and offline measurement of search quality, personalization, mobile search;
- A professional with strong statistics fundamentals (especially A/B testing);
- Passionate for proactively identifying product opportunities through creative data analysis and modeling;
- Able to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Experienced in data visualization tools or packages is preferred;
- Interested and passionate for big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Mahout, Pig, Hive);
- Experienced in working with data modeling and machine learning software (e.g. R, Python);
- Strongly Experienced in programming using R, Python, Java, or equivalent;
- Strongly skilled in Excel and SQL;
- Strongly skilled in statistics fundamentals;
- An excellent communicator and with presentation skills, both verbal and written;
- Strongly skilled in English, both written and spoken;
- Experienced in providing practical business insights from large, complex data sets is also an advantage.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
• Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
• Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees.
Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.