We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our world class Product team is responsible for our customer’s journey through our platforms. Focusing on UX & Digital Design, the teams are split across our offices in London, Porto and Lisbon. Working across Front Office, Back Office and Mobile they help to create the iconic ‘Farfetch’ look and feel. They’re true ambassadors of our business and ensure we're at the forefront of the latest technology while demonstrating our ‘Be Revolutionary’ value.
Farfetch is building the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large scale data and state of the art Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Computer Vision algorithms. You will join a talented team of Data Scientists, Engineers and Product designers to help build and optimize, through research and experimentation, our data driven products.
What you'll do
- Design and develop state of the art algorithms in Recommendations, Ranking, Search & NLP, Computer Vision and more;
- Conduct practical research with a scientific mindset, and a focus on delivery;
- Build large scale data pipelines;
- Work closely with engineering team to integrate ML algorithms into the platform;
- Help in the design of new features in the product, and drive innovation inside the company through the use of disruptive technologies.
- MSc or PhD in related topics such as Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Signal Processing, Speech Processing or Optimization;
- We encourage applications also with background from the fields in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics;
- Knowledge in some of the following subjects: Word Embeddings (e.g., GloVe, Word2Vec), Named Entity Recognition models , Learning to Rank (e.g., RankNet, ListNet), Convolutional Neural Networks (e.g., InceptionV3, RetinaNet), Image Segmentation (e.g., SLIC, Saliency Maps, SuperVoxel), Information Retrieval, AutoEncoders, GANs, Collaborative Filtering (e.g., Matrix Factorization) and algorithm performance metrics (e.g., NDCG);
- A proven track record building and delivering ML products;
- Fluent in Python and common numerical and Math & ML packages (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch). R candidates are also encouraged to apply;
- Experience dealing with large amounts of data and building data pipelines;
- Knowledge of big data technologies is a plus (Hadoop, Spark, Hive);
- Non-relational databases (e.g., cassandra) and streaming platforms know-how (e.g., kafka) is a plus;
- Strong English skills, both written and spoken;
- Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged; Applicant should be interested to keep up to date with scientific advancements.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
• Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
• Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees.
Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.