Senior Customer Service Manager
Position: Customer Service Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to: Head of Customer Service
Benefits: Flexible opt-in benefits including 8 days’ holiday, birthday off, Farfetch/Browns Fashion site discounts, 401k, company equity, medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending accounts + more.
Hours of work: As needs and operational demands may necessitate variations in starting and ending times, as well as variations in total hours that may be scheduled each day and week, your hours will be scheduled directly by your manager or supervisor.
About the department:
We're the voice of our brand. We don’t read from a script; we deliver impeccable service to our luxury brand customers in our own way and have fun doing it. We've grown extensively over the last 3 years to become a global team of around 200 employees worldwide.
Our customers are at the forefront of our business and our multilingual teams do whatever it takes to offer them a first class service, wherever they are across the globe. Our teams also work across our innovative FF.com and Black&White platforms which provide end-to-end, multichannel e-commerce solutions exclusively to luxury fashion brands.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Customer Service, you will be responsible for driving excellent results and productivity of the Customer Service team. You will be managing a team of Customer Service Supervisors and working closely with global Customer Service Managers to ensure SLAs are met and to promote the highest level of service excellence.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for executing the global service strategy, ensuring SLAs are achieved.
- You will provide leadership for the team by inspiring them with the company’s service vision, setting clear objectives, and motivating them to deliver the best level of service.
- You will lead, coach and train Customer Service Supervisor(s) and Advisors, where applicable.
- You will assess daily/weekly service levels and quality of service; implement service improvement strategies.
- You will act as final point of escalation for team for customer or IT related issues.
- You will identify key areas of improvement and partner with global management team to implement tailored policies, procedures, technical improvements and training programs to address those areas.
- You will work with Real-Time Supervisor to manage staffing plans to ensure capacity is met, taking into consideration on and off-peaks.
- You will provide weekly customer feedback report.
- You will manage customer related costs.
- You will work closely with global CS Managers to ensure consistency of service and productivity.
- You will act as liaison and point of contact for other departments to ensure a customer focused approach to business initiatives.
- You will support the Customer Service Supervisors to recruit, train and develop Customer Service Advisors to ensure knowledge and skill-set growth.
- You will need to be open to limited international travel.
Who you are:
- You are a proven leader with management experience of a customer service team.
- You are solid in e-commerce experience and knowledge.
- You are understanding of luxury fashion and brands.
- You are in possession of strong commercial acumen with the ability to pivot quickly according to business needs and to manage change with confidence.
- You are able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- You are able to manage and organize a team from a performance as well as development perspective.
- You are able to make sound business decisions with a strong sense of urgency.
- You are able to work across all levels and offices within an organization with a collaborative approach.
- You are passionate for providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- You are flexible in schedule; must be available to work possible evenings, weekends and holidays when needed.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.