Senior Data Scientist
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
About the role:
As a fast-growing fashion e-commerce business and one of the UK’s most valuable startups, harnessing the value of the data generated by our operations is critical to Farfetch’s future success. The UK data science team are at the forefront of this effort.
Our Marketing Optimisation group is directed at building systems that enhance the performance marketing activity of the company by using machine learning and advanced statistical methods. This means understanding the customer, and the marketplace to drive new and repeating custom. Critically, we build systems that do this autonomously.
As a senior data scientist you’ll be responsible for owning the key projects, working with stakeholders across the business, mentoring more junior members of the team and developing the technology we depend on. Moreover you’ll be an active participant across the whole of the UK data science team, providing your knowledge and expertise in support of all of our initiatives.
Who you are:
- You have an MSc or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning or other quantitative scientific discipline. You don’t just apply out-of-the-box models, you know how they work, when they work and why they work.
- You experienced in an advanced Analytics or Data Science role, with exposure to digital marketing and adtech. You’re able to provide detailed examples of how you’ve delivered commercial value through your work.
- You have experience in software development. You’ll be able to contribute to code reviews, help to improve the release process, use TDD and version control is familiar to you.
- You have a willingness to take on the responsibility of a senior team member by supporting junior colleagues and the wider team, taking complete ownership of project delivery and working with stakeholders.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. Figuring out how to improve business processes and find opportunities to apply data science techniques to real problems is as exciting to you as solving them.
- You have a keen desire to research, develop and implement world-leading solutions to problems. We want you to go beyond the easy, obvious answers to find the best one possible and then figure out how to make it a reality!
- You have outstanding communication skills. You’ll be comfortable taking complex ideas and communicating them to different audiences.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.