Senior Data Scientist
Digital Marketing is one of the largest teams at Farfetch consisting of 50+ people split across 5 main teams; Performance Marketing, SEO, CRM, Analytics and Data Science. Made up of experts in the field from a variety of different industries, they are responsible for working across all of our global markets. They make sure our presence remains high and mighty with new and existing customers, setting us apart from our competitors and ensuring we are always one step ahead of the curve.
FOR THE BOLD. THE ONES WHO CHALLENGE CONVENTION AND DARE TO DREAM.
As a fast-growing fashion ecommerce business and one of the UK’s most valuable startups, harnessing the value of the data generated by our operations is critical to Farfetch’s future success and the data science teams are at the forefront of this effort.
All of our work in data science is directed at building software solutions that enhance the marketing activity of the company by using machine learning and advanced statistical methods. This means understanding the customer, figuring out who they are, what they want and how to get their attention. Critically, we build systems that do this autonomously.
What You’ll do:
You’ll generally be working independently on a project with complete control over how it is conducted and as part of a pair on a particular domain such as Customer Behaviour or Pricing. You’ll also work closely with the wider digital marketing team and travel regularly to our offices in Portugal, where most of our tech teams are located.
Who You Are:
- MSc or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning or other quantitative scientific discipline. You don’t just apply out-of-the-box models, you know how they work, when they work and why they work.
- Relevant industry experience in an advanced Analytics or Data Science role, ideally with exposure to modelling customer behaviour, digital marketing, adtech or pricing. You have experience of taking a project from munging raw data, through exploratory analysis and algorithmic development, to production and ongoing improvement.
- Experience in software development. You’ll be able to contribute to code reviews, help to improve the release process, use TDD and version control is familiar to you.
- An entrepreneurial mindset. Figuring out how to improve business processes and find opportunities to apply data science techniques to real problems is as exciting to you as solving them.
- A keen desire to research, develop and implement world-leading solutions to problems. We want you to go beyond the easy, obvious answers to find the best one possible and then figure out how to make it a reality!
- Outstanding communication skills. You’ll be comfortable taking complex ideas and communicating them to different audiences.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships