Senior Product Designer (B&W Consultant)
About the department:
We're responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have four teams – in London, Porto, Lisbon and Shanghai – and work in clusters across our suite of products including web and instore.
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
About the role:
You are a creative thinker and technical problem solver who is excited about tackling some very concrete and commercial design needs for the Black & White unit.
You are able to support brand partner website teams in both building and optimisation processes.
You are comfortable facing multiple internal stakeholders and most importantly clients, while juggling their business interests and the user voice.
You have a diverse background and a keen eye for detail that allows you to accomplish some high fidelity tasks such as extending a pre-existing layout with new functionality while keeping the initial editorial vision intact.
You have formal design training and take pride in creating, evolving and protecting the interactions and patterns that allow us to scale our platform.
You’re a team player who recognises that your efforts are one significant part of a much bigger picture. You’re able to work productively with a multi-disciplined team of developers, researchers, other designers and product owners.
Join the team that’s making a difference every day to an exciting platform.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively within an Agile process with; other product designers, user researchers, product owners and developers
- Articulate findings and build cases for improvement for existing B&W Websites
- Support the Product team in advocating adoption of new platform features
- Bridge efforts and foster sharing of concrete knowledge between consumer and platform team
- Deﬁne and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools and deliverables to describe intent, and evangelize best practices learned from the Farfetch portal
- Review mockups from a multitude of creative agencies around the world for each new brand and help shape editorial layouts into user centric interactive models by improving usability
- Champion user experience and advocate the best design choices taking into account the challenges of facing Partners directly
- Conduct yearly audits of existing websites, by doing usability research and leveraging data digests from our analyst teams.
- Create metrics around user satisfaction to challenge pre existing biases on user behavior
- Bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team
- Be fully accountable for projects assigned to you and serve as a sign off point from a design standpoint
- Ideally, 5+ years’ experience as a digital product designer
- Strong demonstrable artifacts from end-to-end design projects you worked in previously
- BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science or Design Discipline
- Experience as a client facing autonomous consultant is highly valued
- Ability to discern approaches that create immediate value perception for Partners
- Experience gleaning insights from data and or working with Data Scientists
- Experience in conducting or participating in User Testing and/or working with User Research teams
- Experience working in fashion, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to articulate complex and nuanced technical scenarios in english
- Ability to travel to other Farfetch offices when required, namely Porto and London
- Proficient in the rapid prototyping using tools like Framer, Principle or Flinto
- Additionally, you may have:
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.