About the role:
We are looking for a Junior Analyst to help develop a thorough understanding of how the luxury fashion customer behaves on our ecommerce platform. You will have the opportunity to explore site engagement and transaction data to identify valuable insights that will enable effective marketing decisions. This position requires a highly numerate person who is excited about mining large amounts of data, interpreting the numbers and providing new insights and recommendations to inform key business decisions.
The role will suit someone who is looking for a career opportunity in a fast-paced, start-up environment and is looking to make an immediate impact. You will be a part of the Customer Insights team, focusing on understanding customer loyalty and retention. You will have the opportunity to work closely with other teams within the Marketing department, as well as key functions in the wider business such as Finance, Business Intelligence and Product Development.
What you’ll do:
- You will answer key business questions that shed light on customer behaviour using a hypothesis-led approach. In this way, you will build mastery of the ‘what’
- Identify hypotheses or potential answers to the questions based on input from key stakeholders
- Determine what analyses will help prove or disprove the hypotheses
- Execute the analyses by using SQL and a range of tools/resources (e.g. Excel, Google Analytics, Looker)
- Prepare your findings in an easily digestible format for key stakeholders (e.g. Looker dashboards, PowerPoint, email)
- You will design and develop new methodologies for mining data efficiently. This will enable you to build mastery of the ‘how’
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities to optimise data processing and interpretation, especially for analyses that must be conducted on a regular basis
- Prioritise these opportunities based on time saved and value to the business
- Implement robust methodologies with checks to ensure high data quality
- You will collaborate with Marketing Research, integrating their survey data to understand the ‘why’ behind customer behaviour trends
- Review your findings with the research analysts
- Determine what qualitative research exists today that will bolster your hypotheses and/or what further research is required
Who you are:
- University degree must be in physical sciences (inc. chemistry, biology), maths, economics, computer science or engineering, with a minimum 2:1 in your chosen subject
- You have a flexible, approachable attitude with good problem solving skills
- You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- You are comfortable working to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have technical skills for processing and analysing large amounts of data:
- Excel (required)
- SQL (preferred), python, R
- Web analysis tools, such as Google Analytics (preferred)
- Knowledge of tracking systems and websites, BI, data warehousing, etc. (preferred)
- You have an interest in luxury fashion retail
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.