Platform Services Product Manager
FOR THE TECH REVOLUTIONARIES. THE ONES WHO SEE THE FUTURE AND MAKE IT HAPPEN
Our world class Product team is responsible for ensuring that our customer’s journey is seamless across all of our platforms and designed and executed to high standards. Focusing heavily on UX & Digital Design, the teams are currently split across our three offices in London, Porto and Lisbon. Working across 3 main verticals, Front Office , Backoffice and Mobile they have helped to create the iconic ‘Farfetch’ look and feel. They’re true ambassadors of our business and ensure they’re always at the forefront of the latest technology, even creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch; they truly demonstrate our ‘Be Revolutionary’ value in everything they do.
FOR THE BOLD. THE ONES WHO CHALLENGE CONVENTION AND DARE TO DREAM.
Platform Services Product team goal is to create a bespoke, flexible, & scalable technology platform to serve the luxury fashion industry. The core responsibilities are to define the short and long term vision and endeavour to transform that vision into world class software products that amaze Farfetch’s customers whilst promoting the efficiency of internal teams.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the roadmap for the Platform Services Product evolution by collecting information from the multiple work teams and combining said information into a consistent view of current and future capabilities
- Work with stakeholders to understand business/functional requirements of the B2B Platform and engage with the product owners of each different area to work out the roadmap inclusion of the required work, always aligned with the company’s processes for initiative prioritization;
- Create, maintain and prioritize the Platform Services backlog in alignment with product vision and goals;
- Clearly document the current business/functional capabilities of the platform, in a clear and concise language to improve the business understanding and to support pre-sales activities of certain business units that leverage the platform
- Support pre-sales activities by providing high level functional knowledge of the current and future capabilities of the platform.
Who you are:
- A professional with 4-8 year work experience in Program Management/Product Management or Product Ownership roles;
- Strong product vision and capability to engage with multiple teams and combine separate initiatives into a roadmap that clearly articulates and communicated the evolution of a particular Platform Service
- A social person, easily building relationships with the different players of the business/tech area, at different levels of the organization;
- An excellent communicator, in English, with the capability to communicate at all levels in the organization
- Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines
- Detail Oriented, with the ability to assimilate and sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively
- Experienced in working in large scale organizations on a multi-national level with a multi-cultural team
- Preferably, experienced in Consulting/SI performing client facing roles
- Preferably, a professional with technical background and capability to collaborate with the technical teams to understand and collaborate technical topics related to the API and Technology enabled services
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.