Senior Data Scientist
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
About the role:
As a fast-growing fashion e-commerce business and one of the UK’s most valuable startups, harnessing the value of the data generated by our operations is critical to Farfetch’s future success. The UK data science team are at the forefront of this effort.
You will be a part of a small, project-focussed team working on automating business processes by leveraging Farfetch’s data and bringing the best ideas to production as quickly as possible. The data science products you will be building will help our Pricing team to maintain a consistent and fair global pricing strategy, reacting to internal and external factors, and our Commercial teams to understand and model supply and demand.
As a senior data scientist you’ll be responsible for owning the key projects, working with stakeholders across the business, mentoring more junior members of the team and developing the technology we depend on. Moreover you’ll be an active participant across the whole of the UK data science team, providing your knowledge and expertise in support of all of our initiatives.
Who you are:
- You have an MSc or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning or other quantitative scientific discipline. You don’t just apply out-of-the-box models, you know how they work, when they work and why they work.
- You have relevant industry experience in an advanced Analytics or Data Science role, ideally with exposure to pricing or commercial problems. You have experience of taking a project from munging raw data, through exploratory analysis and algorithmic development, to production and ongoing improvement.
- You have experience in using cutting edge techniques in a business setting, such as Bayesian modeling, neural networks, reinforcement learning - or a keen interest to learn more!
- You have a willingness to make occasional trips to our engineering offices in Portugal.
- You have experience and confidence in working closely with business stakeholders to identify requirements and translate them into data science problems.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. Figuring out how to improve business processes and find opportunities to apply data science techniques to real problems is as exciting to you as solving them.
- You have a keen desire to research, develop and implement world-leading solutions to problems. We want you to go beyond the easy, obvious answers to find the best one possible and then figure out how to make it a reality!
- You have outstanding communication skills. You’ll be comfortable taking complex ideas and communicating them to different audiences.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.