Senior Data Scientist - Marketing
As a fast-growing fashion e-commerce business and one of the UK’s most valuable startups, harnessing the value of the data generated by our operations is key to Farfetch’s future success. As a data science team, we are at the forefront of this effort.
What you'll do:
Joining us, you will be a part of a small, project-focused team working on improving and automating Marketing operations by using Farfetch’s data and bringing the best ideas to production as quickly as possible. You will focus on improving the performance of our low-cost Marketing channels (SEO, CRM, ...) having a significant impact on the company’s revenue.
As a senior data scientist, you’ll be responsible for key projects, working with different partners across the business, mentoring more junior members of the team and developing the technology we depend on. Moreover, you’ll be a member of the wider Farfetch Data community, sharing your knowledge and expertise with other colleagues working in different areas.
Who you are:
- You have an MSc or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning or another quantitative scientific discipline. You don’t just apply out-of-the-box models, you know how they work, when they work and why they work.
- You have relevant industry experience in a Machine Learning, Data Science or Advanced Analytics role, ideally with exposure to Marketing problems. You have experience of taking a project from munging raw data, through exploratory analysis and algorithmic development, to production and ongoing improvement.
- You have experience in using state of the art techniques in a business setting, such as Bayesian modelling, neural networks, graph ML, reinforcement learning - or a keen interest to learn more.
- You have experience and confidence in working closely with business partners to identify requirements and translate them into data science problems.
- You have experience in Python software development. You’ll be able to write good quality code and work with our engineers to build production-grade solutions. You have experience with code reviews, agile development and version control.
- You have a visionary mindset. Understanding how to improve business processes and find opportunities to apply data science techniques to real problems is as exciting to you as solving them.
- You have a strong curiosity to research, develop and implement world-leading solutions to problems. Our problems are hard and very specific and out-of-the-box solutions do not always work for us. We want you to go beyond the easy, obvious answers to find the best one possible and then understand how to make it a reality.
- You have excellent communication skills. You’ll be comfortable taking complex ideas and communicating them to different audiences.