Lead UX Researcher - International
About the department:
We're responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have teams across London, Porto, Lisbon, and China, and work in clusters across our suite of products including web, mobile and instore.
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
About the role:
The Lead UX Researcher – international markets will work directly with Head of UX Research to inform and shape international research needs across strategic and tactical priorities. This role also combines people management and leading the planning and execution of international research projects.
You will work with various stakeholders and manage their expectations; proactively involve designers, engineers, & product managers in the research process and building relationships with market research and business intelligence to deliver robust insights.
You are a key stakeholder in championing the users across the business.
What you’ll do:
- You will manage the priority of international research projects and ensure team understanding of project requirements, scope, deliverables, and deadlines.
- You will be responsible for leading successful, valuable research that is aligned with and informs the business strategy.
- You will manage team capacity to optimize output, support business goals and protect the team.
- You will fuel the Product team with insight to make informed and user-centric decisions and communicate with other departments/teams to exchange important information about projects/activities.
- You will manage third-party relationships directly associated with research to ensure maximum output and quality;
- You will champion research across the business to ensure awareness, and you will give the wider business visibility on research insight via various ways.
- You will have UX Researchers in certain product areas reporting into you.
Who you are:
- You have extensive experience leading international projects around the world in a global e-commerce company.
- You have experience in leading a team of UX Researchers in a commercial environment with demonstrated impact.
- You have experience mentoring UX Researchers to ensure the quality of deliverables. You are a great communicator.
- You can communicate information effectively, accurately and clearly as intended in written, verbal, non-verbal and visual forms of communication.
- You are an expert on stakeholders and project management.
- You have an excellent understanding of human behaviour and data that translates into your portfolio in conducting international research, and the use of a variety of methods such as focus groups, in-depth interviews, usability studies, ethnographic, etc. You thrive in an agile, ever-changing, and demanding environment that requires multi-tasking and quick problem-solving.
- You have strong commercial awareness and strong business acumen.
- You can translate qualitative data into deep, meaningful insights. You also understand quantitative data, and you can use quantitative data to support qualitative insights and vice versa.
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.