The buying team aims to support the online growth of our boutique partners through strategic planning of brands on Farfetch, identifying gaps and opportunities within categories and identify new brands ahead of and in line with competitors.
About the department:
We're at the creative, cutting-edge of fashion. It's our job to source emerging boutiques and spot trends, as well as working with the world's biggest luxury brands. Our team consists of Buying & Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Brands Partnership, Business Development, Account Management, Vendor Funding & Supply Strategy & Success.
We collaborate with almost every team across the business, which keeps things varied and exciting! From building relationships with our partners, brands and boutiques to making sure that all of our products look beautiful on our site; we have a big part to play in everything we do.
What you’ll do:
- You will identify growth opportunities within the product range
- You will support boutiques for strategic buying, in line with their specific profile; as well as providing insights on new products and brands
- You will work alongside merchandising to plan and forecast brands potential and identify key boutiques to realise growth
- You will help support and direct brand partnerships by identifying opportunity with representation in product gaps
- You will work with Business Development and Account Management to implement product merchandising plans
- You will support visual merchandising strategy that aims to show the right product at the right time
- You will provide marketing teams with product selection as necessary, notably for email and social activities
- You will drive new website ideas to increase merchandising performance and work with product team to implement
- You will represent Farfetch fashion identity at market in showrooms, trade fairs and shows
Who you are:
- You have experience as a buyer with merchandising experience in a multi-brand environment
- You have a great understanding of womenswear fashion product, with knowledge and feel for what works and how to grow a business profitably
- You have an understanding of fashion retail economics, preferably with exposure to smaller boutiques as well as larger retailers
- You have experience in visual merchandising, ideally in an online business
- You have strong product selection skills, combining data and knowledge/feel to select the right product for the right place
- You have commercial relationship management skills in dealing with suppliers
- Ideally, few years at buyer level preferably within womenswear fashion
- You are ready to be part of and create new opportunities, outside of the traditional buying model
- You have strong analytical mind set and ability, with proven experience in an analytical role
- You are a creative problem solver & decision maker
- You are able to do both analysis and create actionable insights
- You are an intermediate user of Excel and a belief in driving activity from analysis
Teamwork, Management and Communication
- You have strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- You have excellent teamwork and influencing skills
- You have proven ability to build, lead and manage teams
- You are results driven
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.