Senior Product Designer (Back Office)
About the role:
You will be a creative thinker and technical problem solver who is excited to design the internal tools that solve our unique business needs. This can range from creating an interface for our boutiques to process the orders they receive, to a tool that controls the pricing of their products. You have previous experience in the end-to-end design process and are keen to employ a lightweight, evidence-based approach where learning shapes the design along the way.
You have formal design training and take pride in creating, evolving and protecting the interactions and patterns that allow us to scale our platform.
You’re a team player who recognizes that your efforts are one significant part of a much bigger picture. You’re used to working closely with a multi-disciplined team of developers, researchers, other designers and product owners to problem solve and learn fast.
Each of our designers are expected to own their work – to put forward how they intend to discover, explore, test and adapt. Join the team that is making a difference every day to an exciting platform.
What you’ll do:
- You will produce intuitive, innovative and delightful user experiences for various back-office products
- You will work collaboratively within an Agile process with; other product designers, product owners, project managers, UI and developers
- You will create solutions that incorporate all of the elements of a great experience while being within style guidelines to meet brand objectives
- You will define and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools and deliverables to describe intent
- You will champion user experience and advocate the best design for our end users
- You will bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team
Who you are:
- You have experience as a digital product designer
- You have a BA/BSc/MA in HCI or in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar
- You have experience working on back office products e.g. an intranet
- You have experience working in fashion, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required
- You are curious about how things work and have a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive.
- You are proficient in the rapid prototyping
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.