Junior Software Engineer
About the team:
We are a multidisciplinary team of Data Scientists and Software Engineers with a culture of empowerment, teamwork and fun. Our team is responsible for large-scale and complex machine learning projects directly providing business critical functionality to other teams and using the latest technologies in the field.
Working collaboratively as a team and with our business colleagues, both here in London and across our other locations, you’ll be shaping the technical direction of a critically important part of Farfetch. We are a team that surrounds ourselves with talented colleagues and we are looking for brilliant Software Engineers who are open to taking on plenty of new challenges.
What you’ll do:
Our team works with vast quantities of messy data, such as unstructured text and images collected from the internet, applying machine learning techniques, such as deep learning, natural language processing and computer vision, to transform it into a format that can be readily used within the business. As a Junior Software Engineer within our team you will be working on maintaining and further improving the data harvesting component of our system. This includes the following:
- Work on the general day-to-day maintenance and development of the web scrapers.
- Work on system improvements to our scraping framework, such as improvements to the orchestration of the large number of daily scrape processes or the incorporation of alternative scraping techniques into our system.
Who you are:
First and foremost, you’re passionate about solving complex, challenging and interesting business problems. You have a technical mindset and are looking to grow into a role and assume responsibilities within the team.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or a related discipline.
- A good level of experience of computer programming during your degree.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Python 3
- Web scraping frameworks, such as Scrapy.