Senior Frontend Developer
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
About the role:
We are looking for a Developer to join the Marketing Production team at Farfetch, a new function within the Marketing organisation. This team is responsible for regular website and app content updates as well as driving scalability and automation in the production activities across multiple Marketing teams (CRM, Design..).
We are seeking someone with production and development experience who wants to be part of the beginning of a world-class in-house production team.
What you’ll do:
- You will build new data-driven responsive and dynamic HTML templates that leverage Farfetch’s enormous amount of data to deliver new experiences to our customers on site and email.
- You will support the transition of the Marketing Production team to a new CMS and language system.
- You will be involved in the innovation of Email Marketing campaigns using Oracle’s Responsys, including setting up data transfers (via API and FTP), dynamic functionality (scripting), and incorporating this into more traditional HTML development.
- You will help the team adopt a more data driven approach and make sure that we have the appropriate measurement in place.
- You will develop and foster strong relationships with developers on teams across the company to collaborate on experience development.
- You will perform quality assurance and troubleshoot code rendering across multiple desktop and mobile devices using testing and analytics platforms.
- You will be a subject matter expert on industry standards, best practices and proper coding techniques.
- You will be a champion on A/B testing and other testing methodology across site, app, email and push notification campaigns.
Automation & Scalability
- You will automate processes to include imagery and content into established templates for the site and email, while also have the ability to build and adjust new code.
- You will seek opportunities in our day-to-day workflow to improve quality and efficiency from planning to deployment.
- You will support other production activities when necessary including optimising and automating any localisation projects.
- You will work with the team to scale the Digital Asset Management tool to ensure all marketing teams/ designers have access to assets required and these are kept in an organised way.
- You will support the team in finding an efficient way of resizing and localising assets when necessary.
- You will help the team identify a more efficient and scalable QA process.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical field.
- Similarly, you will have experience across back-end technologies (PHP, Python, Node.js and C++, C, C# preferred) as well as databases (MSSQL and MySQL) and ESP-specific languages (eg. Responsys Personalisation Language (based on Apache Freemaker)).
- You have experience working with a Marketing team.
- You have experience optimizing HTML to display across browsers and emails. Strong ability to develop creative concepts for maximum lead conversion (landing page optimization).
- You have experience with responsive web design and user interface principles.
- You have experience in system architecture and web application design.
- You have experience with automated browser testing and device testing for all your work.
- You have knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews and automated testing of browser and devices.
- You are able to translate technical explanations to non-technical parties.
- You have experience in launching applications globally, to build solutions that scale and perform.
- You have the ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects simultaneously, to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong problem solving skills.
- You are willing to propose new directions, solutions and concepts.
- Able to provide examples or portfolio of best-in-class frontend development work
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.