About the role:
We are looking for a bright, hard-working, extremely organised and conscientious individual with good communication skills and the ability to work under pressure.
Reporting directly to Senior Legal Counsel (Corporate/Commercial) or the Senior Legal Counsel (IP/Commercial), there’s a lot of opportunity with this role to get involved in legal work across extremely broad areas. We see this as a long term role, and one we would like the individual to grow into and shape as they develop.
This is an opportunity to join a highly regarded team within a successful and dynamic company.
What you’ll do:
- General assistance to the Legal Team on a wide range of day-to-day matters
- Populating/checking standard form contracts
- Preparing contracts for signature
- Assisting on due diligence on a variety of matters
- Assisting in the production of transaction bibles, template documentation and the on- going management of a Farfetch legal template database
- Ad hoc legal research
- With supervision, ad hoc review of day-to-day commercial contracts such as NDAs, marketing and social influencer contracts
- Liaising with external counsel, trade mark attorneys, Companies House and other regulatory authorities and stakeholders
- Managing contract capture and document storage systems (online and offline) including supporting on trade mark portfolio management
Who you are:
- Ideally, some previous experience in a similar role
- Enthusiasm for the Farfetch business
- Highly organised with considerable attention to detail, especially under pressure
- The ability to follow instructions carefully and accurately
- A team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, generally being proactive
- Being a ‘problem solver’
- ‘Tech-savvy’ with competent skills and knowledge of the technology world
- The ability to handle difficult time pressures and be resilient
- Good time management and prioritising of conflicting demands
- A willingness to learn more about the in-house legal world and commercial/contract law
- Interest to develop in the role and take on new challenges
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.