Your role will be critical to ensuring we identify the greatest selection of luxury product for the site – reducing wastage of products and categories that don’t resonate with our customer, and avoiding missed commercial opportunities through not having enough of the bestselling product.
This person will bring a heavy quantitative skillset to the team (the “science”) but also be comfortable working with, and embracing, the “art” from our fashion / trend focused buying teams.
We’re looking for an analytical, commercially minded, strategic thinker, who is confident turning large data sets and complicated problems into digestible, packaged insights.
About the department:
We're at the creative, cutting-edge of fashion. It's our job to source emerging boutiques and spot trends, as well as working with the world's biggest luxury brands. Our team consists of Buying & Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Brands Partnership, Business Development, Account Management, Vendor Funding & Supply Strategy & Success.
We collaborate with almost every team across the business, which keeps things varied and exciting! From building relationships with our partners, brands and boutiques to making sure that all of our products look beautiful on our site; we have a big part to play in everything we do.
What you’ll do:
- You will answer key business questions that shed light on product and partner performance using a hypothesis-led approach. In this way, you will build mastery of the ‘what’
- Identify hypotheses or potential answers to the questions based on input from key stakeholders
- Determine what analyses will help prove or disprove the hypotheses
- Execute the analyses by using SQL and a range of tools/resources (e.g. Excel, Tableau, Looker)
- Prepare your findings in an easily digestible format for key stakeholders (e.g. Looker dashboards, PowerPoint, email)
- You will design and develop new methodologies for mining data efficiently. This will enable you to build mastery of the ‘how’
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities to optimise data processing and interpretation, especially for analyses that must be conducted on a regular basis
- Prioritise these opportunities based on time saved and value to the business
- Implement robust methodologies with checks to ensure high data quality
- You will collaborate with other key stakeholders from the Supply and Demand side of the business, to incorporate their qualitative input. This will enable you to build the mastery of ‘why’
- Review your findings with the buying and merchandising departments
- Work with the Business Development, Account Management and Commercial Growth functions to consider the practical challenges of our industry
- Innovate and identify projects that the business didn’t even realise it needed
Who you are
- You have extensive experience within consulting or analytics (preferably both).
- You have a university degree must be in physical sciences, maths, economics or engineering
- You have excellent planning and organisational skills
- You have exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- You have advanced forecasting and data modelling techniques
- You are a strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational and commercial excellence
- You have a flexible, approachable attitude with good problem solving skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- Comfortable working to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have technical skills for processing and analysing large amounts of data:
- Advanced Excel (required) with a working knowledge of VBA for Excel
- SQL (required), R, Matlab (preferred)
- Knowledge of tracking systems and websites, BI, data warehousing, etc. (preferred)
- Data visualization and exploration tools (Looker)
- You have an understanding of fashion and luxury is a bonus
- You are a fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in quality of work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.